Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Cost of Indiscipline....

Simon BTFC

Is high. If you compare our points tally in the 5 league games that we've had a man sent off with the reverse fixtures where we didn't then it's quite sizeable:

Capleton v Maldon - Lost 3-2, won 2-0 = 3 points

Cousins v Folkestone - Lost 0-1, won 2-0 = 3 points

Ryan v Worthing - Drew 1-1, won 4-2 = 2 points

Ryan v Heybridge - Lost 2-1, drew 0-0 = 1 point

Sappleton v Braintree - Lost 0-2, drew 1-1 = 1 point

That's 10 points....

In each of the games, excepting Cousins v Folkestone the sending off came in the first half with the score at 0-0 so if we discount the Folkestone game (and similarly the draw with Braintree who themselves had a man sent off after the goals had been scored) then it could be said that the red cards have cost us 7 points.

TC, I agree that Pat has been fortunate to stay on the pitch, cant give you too many names of teams it was against.

In his defence I would say that some of his challenges are just clumsy as he doesnt strike me as the most co ordinated player (think headers that are two inches off the floor) but even so a clumsy challenge can still mean a red card even though the intent wasnt there. Over the last 4 months he does seem to have developed a chip on his shoulder which reached a peak on saturday.