Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Blind Optimism

Doris Wanderer

I think we have all showed much restraint considering the league form this season. I will however, for the first time, say publicly that it's time to prepare for next season.

To me, that means shaking Dave C's hand, saying goodbye and good luck.

Improved performances recently, against top six sides, irrelevent. Points will save us from relegation, not performances.

Seems like the club are happy to accept relegation. Getting rid of Dave now will do no good as we're down. If your going to get rid do it in the summer and appoint someone from outside the club to inject something new into the club.

If your going to get rid of him I would do it as soon as possible. Get the new guy in - he then has a bit of time to assess the squad and the reserves and see who he can and will be able to afford to keep. Then in the summer instead of a complete rebuild he just has to add to his retained list. Do it now and the new guy gets some games with no pressure before next season.

I have to say I have been amazed at how tolerant you lot have been this season given that there was talk of a top half finish at the start of the season.

Woody - i see your point, but we'll just drift for the last 10 games or so. Get a new man in now. He'll tell everyone to commit to next season, or go now, and we'll know what there is to work with earlier than July.

You can guarantee, as I've said before, that a large number of players will say they are too good to play in the div below. If thats the case, then goodbye. If they are willing to sort out the mess, then they should commit to staying now and get us back up asap.

Shall I throw a name at you. You wont like it.

Den Greene. Did an excellent job for us. Know's the time of day, gets players working for each other. I've not got a problem with him returning. He left to better himself and it went t1ts up. Oh well.

You gotta admit we had a great time when he was in charge.

I have no problem with dennis as a person and he did well as a manager at Windsor but i feel that we should move forwards and not look backwards.

This is all besides the point as Dave Carroll will be in charge for the start of next season anyway

no problems with DG when he was in charge but remember what he did when he left with half the squad and some management.Not much was left for DC to work with, hes tried but has failed miserably with a lot of expensive players,why hasnt he dont the honourable thing and resigned, rather that take more abuse about going down to div 1. Of all the players hes brought in only six are worthy of their positions and they are current players or ex players returing. DC doesnt even shake hands or acknowledge the subs when they are brought off,he needs someone to comunicate his ideas of playing since he never appears to shout out instructions or if he does they go unanswered. Not all good players make good coaches/managers they fail to man manage for a start. If it not DC or DG then what about Scotty comming back he wont take crap from any playerts not performing but then he may be to abrupt for some. As for the reserves theres only about six that started the season still with the club and two are teenagers making their way up the ladder,some already play Sat football for other sides locally so the club needs to sort its future/policy out now not in July. Theres also the STFC saga to sort out

Managers leaving and taking players with them (and backroom staff) is common. That's life. It happens, its not nice but it does happen. DG introduced Soloman Thingy Bob and that Scruffy Tom Baker character a couple of weeks back when he "left" Chesham - its swings and roundabouts.

The only thing I wished Dennis had done differently was the handling of Super Trevor Bunting. Im sure DG probably would have handled that differently in hindsight.

In summary, DG will do a decent job and wont take cr4p.

As for The Colonel - by all means, he'd certainly let people know where they stand.

As for STFC - dont care. Let Stott & Simpson sort that. You play with the hand u r dealt with. If it's £25k short then so no probs.

DG bal.sed up with Bunty but had a young understudy in Ian Gardner, he then brough Chuck in who had one good season before becomming a clown,and this keeper blames everyone but himself when a goal goes in,look at him sat only half fit,

The past is the past………………

Going back to a manager that has left the club is a major retrograde step, the history of what happened previously will always be around to haunt. It will not work!!!

If a change is required (and I’m not convinced it is) look to the future, a new man, and maybe your current reserve team managers?

The "never go back" theory. A decent point well made. And maybe my train of thought is someone u know did a decent job, and has a good raport.

A fresh face maybe.

U may not be convinced a change is needed, and I had the same thoughts until very recently. Perhaps u consider DC a nice bloke as well, and u wouldnt want to see him go.

Fact is DC had 4 months at the tail end of last season, and it's March of this season. I dont know how many points he's accumulated, but its fairly woeful.

Improved performances over the past 3 weeks, and intimitent good halves are useless if u aint getting points on the board.

I hate calling for anyone's head, but I fear we could free fall unless a strong character comes in.

Doris, are you serious about the ‘help’ Dennis has provided with the introduction of new players?

I hate to name individuals, the forum is not the way this should be handled, but as you have already mentioned him.

Tom Baker – Give me a BREAK!

There are MUCH BETTER players in the current reserve team!!!

Thanks for the ‘help’ Dennis, next time could you ‘help’ a different club.

If there are better players in the reserves then they should have been in the first team prior to him.

If they've been overlooked then thats the managers mistake...and he's probably made that sort of mistake many times this season coz Spenny's been a regular as has Ralf Little and Chris Cahill, Paul Holsgrove has still been playing and Kieron Drake has played all season!

Maybe you should be a little bit more convinced that a change is needed.

Differences of opinion will also happen when it comes to DG...he's a character thats why.

Anyway, see you on the beach at Margate.

Quote:
Anonymous said:
Going back to a manager that has left the club is a major retrograde step, the history of what happened previously will always be around to haunt. It will not work!!!

If a change is required (and I’m not convinced it is) look to the future, a new man, and maybe your current reserve team managers?

I don't understand why reserve team management promote themselves for a job there not going to get and rallying for support on here, you should be focused on helping DC with players like on sat where was Gardiner when Drake was clearly not fit to play. if kevin and Peter decide to make changes put your applications in thn, in a proper fashion, moan over

What do you mean here Doris ? Do you think these players not good enough for the first team ?

It's common at too many clubs, there always seems to be a divide between the first team and reserves. Too many reserve team players prefer not to be included on rare occassions when once involved they should want to stick with the squad

Whats the question Tony R?

If it's do I think Spenny, Cahill etc are good enough for the first team then no is your answer.

If the question is do I think they are better than anything we have in the reserves, then I dont know is the answer. They might be the best we have available?

If people say there are better players in the reserves, who have not made into the first team ahead of newly signed players, who might not be upto scratch, then thats a poor choice by the manager surely. Im not saying that is the case, someone else put that case forward earlier.

Quote:
Anonymous said:
Quote:
Anonymous said:

I don't understand why reserve team management promote themselves for a job there not going to get and rallying for support on here, you should be focused on helping DC with players like on sat where was Gardiner when Drake was clearly not fit to play. if kevin and Peter decide to make changes put your applications in thn, in a proper fashion, moan over

I am NOT one of the reserve team management….and I have not been prompted by them to make that comment.
That’s a pretty tacky accusation! so you should feel ashamed.

My point is, why look to bring in someone you don’t know, when you have very able people already in the club?

Quote:
Anonymous said:
Quote:
Anonymous said:

Other than a few match reports, neither Gary nor I have used this forum to make any comments, as that would clearly be inappropriate, although I sometimes read the forum with interest.
We have no idea who '2006' is and certainly are not trying to rally support for anything. We are fully committed to supporting DC in any way we can, as we have done all season.
Jeeves, whoever you are, your allegations are completely unfounded, and extremely offensive to Gary and I.

Eugene.

iian gardiner was playing for spittle on saturday in a semi final and it is my understanding that wefc only asked him on friday night if he could play.it was too late by then.

Some interesting points on this thread! My own take on the situation is if the board decided a change is needed, now is the time to do it, to give the manager time to see what he has and what he needs to get us straight back up next season. I am fully with Doris on that. Regarding who that manager should be, that's up to the board, from a personal point of view if Dennis Greene was an option I would have him back, no problem. For Folkestone and Redbridge away this season remember Vauxhall Motors and Lewes away under Dennis. Remember also the calibre of players Dennis was able to attract, Jason Cousins, the Colonel, Dave C, Chippy, Shaggy, Craig O'Connor, he's a wheeler dealer with an arrogance that is needed to succeed! He made a mistake leaving and in particular the club he chose, but who doesn't make mistakes, he's held his hands up on that, what we have to do is whats best for WEFC, if Dennis can come in shake it up, get rid of all the deadwood and get players playing for each other and make us hard to beat again, bring it on. Regarding the reserves, in Gary and Eugene we have two of the most committed and dedicated people who are really pushing the club in the right direction locally, talented local players are now wanting to play for us and that is thanks Gary and Eugene.

Freddie

Quote:
Anonymous said:
Quote:
Anonymous said:
Quote:
Anonymous said:

I am NOT one of the reserve team management….and I have not been prompted by them to make that comment.
That’s a pretty tacky accusation! so you should feel ashamed.

My point is, why look to bring in someone you don’t know, when you have very able people already in the club?

we need someone with a track record, and thats not the reserve management.