Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Programmes

"The last Saturday before Christmas is notoriously poor for attendances with supporters being dragged kicking and screaming around shopping centres and high streets by demanding wives and girlfriends however that is unlikely to happen this year with the announcement that Town travel to Hoddesdon Town on Saturday 23 December for an eagerly awaited contest. The main interest however will not be in the football but in the Hoddesdon Town match programme, Town are competing with Hoddesdon for the programme of the year award this season and the Lowfield Club appear to be playing their cards very close to their chest, the original date for the match of 14 October was put off when it is believed Hoddesdon didn't want to reveal their hand to us so early in the campaign and, in so doing, were secretly hoping the game would be re-arranged for 28 April, the final day of the season."

And you all thought Rhodes was a little over the top on this forum. The KTFC forum from where this is a typical example is home to greater examples of his writings.

I consulted Roger, the chairman at Hoddesdon, about the veracity of Rhodes' statement and he said, and I quote "**!"?** **ing ?***!!$ programme "??**!cks"

Lato - I could raise the copyright question but I won't. Horace - Why doesn't Roger or Jane come on here to banter, I assume they know about the Forum from Jonno.

Quote:
HTFCew said:
This is only Programme Monthly's second season for doing the programme awards, so they can't be getting fed up as yet.

Do the SSML do their own awards? If so, where can I find last year's results?

I've still not seen them anywhere, but Rhodes posted that the winners were:

Premier Division: Broxbourne Borough V&E
Division One: Hoddesdon Town
Division Two: The 61 FC (Luton)

It would be nice if they mentioned it in the handbook if nothing else.

• 1 year later...

This is a bit sad I know but I came across a Forum on Football Programmes if anyone is interested:

http://footballprogs.proboards67.com/

Yes very much so, up until last season that is when Kentish Town beat them to the SSML Division 1 programme of the year crown, to say they were upset is an understatement of the highest order but I did say that we would be giving them a run for their money at the start of the season

Yes but it's the relevant subject and what's the point of creating a new thread just to post the link to the programme forum. Furthermore what has the time got to do with anything.

If HTFCew must know I was 'talking' to Bitch on the Soapbox and getting to know her better preparing to move in for the kill on the 3rd or 4th of January

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Yes but it's the relevant subject and what's the point of creating a new thread just to post the link to the programme forum. Furthermore what has the time got to do with anything.

When you dig out these old threads, the first impression it creates is that there's something new. Only on reading does it become apparent that it's just you manufacturing posts! On the time issue, it just shows that you are not normal!

Horace - What are you talking about, there was something new on this topic, namely the link to the new programme forum which I'm sure will be of interest and use to some members. How can I possibly be manufacturing posts.