Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Programmes

I knew really, been a huge debate on another's forum which ended up being blocked by Tony because of abuse. I never read anything into pre-season friendly results - Hoddy will do OK.

another's Forum appears to be down at present, I'll copy a link later if nobody beats me to it. As I said if Hoddesdon Town weren't so busy trying to win programme of the year every season they might be able to put a bit more effort into getting out of Division 1 where they have been languishing since finishing bottom of the Premier in 2004/2005 and being relegated with Bedford United and Valerio, they should really be an established Premier Division Club but have never been the same since the Ardiles brothers left 'Lowfield' or so it seems.

I have to apologise as that was the season I jumped ship early on to return to my 'spiritual' home.

Alfie - You serious, Halil is a good mate who I lost touch with when he left Haringey Borough for Waltham Forest, he did great at Haringey and was a rock in defence helping us to win a lot of crucial games with his presence. I look forward to seeing him on Tuesday, tell him I'll be down when you see him tomorrow at Hemel Hempsted, maybe he'll come on here but I don't think he's very IT minded.

HTFC One - Yes he's a diamond, he's a central defender and very little gets past him although he lacks a bit of pace these days. Thanks for e-mailing me the Molten jpeg file by the way, very much appreciated and look forward to seeing you on Tuesday, is Pablo likely to be playing as our boys will be honoured to play against Ossie Ardiles son.

Quote:
if Hoddesdon Town weren't so busy trying to win programme of the year every season they might be able to put a bit more effort into getting out of Division. they should really be an established Premier Division Club but have never been the same since the Ardiles brothers left 'Lowfield' or so it seems.

I don't think the players have anything to do with producing the programme!!

And what are you rambling on about the Ardiles for?? Federico barely notched up 3 appearances for the first team and Pablo, although a good player and a friend of mine too, he hardly set the world alight!!

Back me up here NF!!

Jonno - Fair do's but I thought that the Ardiles brothers were good for Hoddesdon Town in terms of bringing huge publicity to the Club and potential sponsorship, they were at 'Lowfield' for quite sometime if I recall. Okay they might not be great players in comparison to their father but you should be pleased that they chose to come to Hoddesdon as opposed to one of the other nearby Hertfordshire Club's. I gather Pablo is plying his trade at Hertford Town these days so he must be reasonably decent for them to take him.

• 1 month later...
Quote:
AWK said:
I recieved your programme today Rhodes, very good it is too, I will send you one of mine next week when we are next at home mate.
Hoddesdon Town - To take note, be afraid, be very afraid.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone put this guy out of his misery, preferably by shooting him:

'Very occasionally you will attend a non-league match at which two different programmes are available. Incredibly, this happened to me on both Saturday and Sunday last weekend! On Saturday I went to Radcliffe Olympic for an FA Vase tie and, having arrived early, purchased an excellent programme (with a colour photo on the front cover) for £1. At half-time, I was walking near the entrance and I saw a much thinner programme without colour being given away free. On closer inspection this turned out to be a 4 pager which had the same content as the full issue except for the bottom half of page 2. Because of this slight variation, I decided to keep this issue along with the full one. I presume it was printed as a back-up in case of a sell-out of the main issue, which seems to have occurred.

On Sunday I made a revisit to Ilford (my only previous visit had been for a midweek game in 1989) for an Isthmian League game. Again, I had the good sense to arrive early, and a good programme with a colour photo of the ground - but no mention of the date/opponents - on the front cover) was included in my admission. However, shortly before ko, later arrivals were being handed an issue of similar thickness (probably with the same content, but with a different black and white photo AND the date/opponents on the frontcover) and when I enquired at the turnstile just before the ko, I was told that both had all gone. As far as I could ascertain, no-one was allowed to have both copies so 'completist' collectors may feel hard done by. (I am not always a 'completist' - I didn't buy the German language version of the programme when I attended the World Cup - but if I had been allowed to have both the Ilford issues, I would have done so).

Further back, my visits to Mangotsfield and Clevedon (old ground) in the 1980's yielded 4 page 'back-ups' in addition to the main issues, but on these occasions I only bothered with the full issues.

Have any of you been to non-league games where 2 different programmes were available'.

Jonno - Don't you start, I get enough grief from HTFCew on that issue. It's because the Lato's and Potters Bar Town's of this World wouldn't bother clicking into it a link if it's originated by me. How's Jane by the way, she must be a worried lady these days,

Quote:
Jonno said:
Quote:
if Hoddesdon Town weren't so busy trying to win programme of the year every season they might be able to put a bit more effort into getting out of Division. they should really be an established Premier Division Club but have never been the same since the Ardiles brothers left 'Lowfield' or so it seems.

I don't think the players have anything to do with producing the programme!!

And what are you rambling on about the Ardiles for?? Federico barely notched up 3 appearances for the first team and Pablo, although a good player and a friend of mine too, he hardly set the world alight!!

Back me up here NF!!

Just come across this one! I will back you up Jonno, the person that does the program is nothing to do with the playing side and in no way does it interfere or affect with what is trying to be acheived on the pitch.

As for Pablo, very capable player and the downward direction of the club had started before he left.. he just happened to one of the last of a group of good players to leave for various reasons.

It showed the other week at the charity game the quality of the side we had in the late 90's early 00's. Massively under acheived.. although league was probably stronger then mind you.

Quote:
Rhodes said:
It's because the Lato's and Potters Bar Town's of this World wouldn't bother clicking into it a link if it's originated by me.

What makes you think that? I will click on a link if it is a subject that interests me. If it doesn't, I won't. Simple as that.

As for your last "paste post" from the TK site, I did actually find it interesting, if only because I saw the photocopied version of the Ilford programme stored at the back of the turnstile and again in the boardroom but hadn't realised at the time it was a different cover. If I'd known, I could have picked up a couple of each and flogged them on e-bay!

Potters Bar Town - Well it's nice to know I have my uses, at least if a post is pasted in then it gives the reader no choice but to scan it rather than a link whereby he, she, or it in the case of BewareofRhodents, can just ignore it if they choose to which is somewhat disrespectful to the poster who might have gone to a lot of trouble to find the link. Don't tell me that you went to that very Ilford game last Sunday, don't you have anything better to do than go to football seven days a week.

Rhodes I hear you sent me a programme from Kentish Town. Paul said he will bring it on Tuesday. I will put one in the post to you, can you give me your address in a pm as I seem to have lost the pm you sent me with your address before, cheers.