Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gillingham taking mainly a youth side to Rams

Gate Watcher

Didnt see all the game but it looked like all young kids out there for the Gills. Final score 0-0. Again a typical friendly though again the continued forward thrust by Ramsgate has to be admired. Will this "gung ho" attitude be their downfall this season? Its good to watch though. Ryan Bernard impresses at the back. Reminds me a lot of Tony Dixon. Ramsgate finished a bit weary I thought but they had the better chances.I would say there were approx 250 up there tonight.

Quote:
FF! said:
Did not take you long eh? 469 at the 'wood.

Sorry I didnt think I was supposed to wait to report on what I saw.I thought I was very fair with my comments too.If there were indeed 469 there must have been 200 in the bar & ignoring the football.If that were the case then my apologies FF.

Just got the true figure in from ramsgates attendance. FF, both you & I were wrong, though you admittedly were closer. It was actually 49.6. You forgot to include the " decimal point".

They put you down as the .9 as you're not all there.

l.o.l.

As FF is saying if there were a lot of kids at Deadwood then they were probably mostly youth team players in which case they would get in free. You won't see them with their parents on a cold grey Saturday afternoon.

I would again say that Gills supporters made up around 100 or possibly more. I know of about a dozen Gills fans personally who went that don't wear colours and you wouldnt know them to look at from any other casual football fan. They wouldnt have gone had Ramsgate been playing anyone else.

Rob don't tell me what I can and can't comment on. This is the Margate forum not the FF forum.

These anti Ramsgate comments put me right off this forum.Why Margate fans are so interested in coming out with all this rubbish about our much smaller neighbouring club beats me...A lot of people in Ramsgate support both clubs and the chants also put people off attending Hartsdown.

Quote:
Number6 said:
These anti Ramsgate comments put me right off this forum.Why Margate fans are so interested in coming out with all this rubbish about our much smaller neighbouring club beats me...A lot of people in Ramsgate support both clubs and the chants also put people off attending Hartsdown.

I agree we should call a truce & stop this negativity towards each other. It would be good for both Clubs to have a neighbour who is a healthy rivalry (it has not done any harm to the Premier teams of Liverpool/Manchester/North London).
It should or maybe should not be noted that the 'internet rivalry' was intiated by a 'reds' fan who insists on having an opinion on everything & inflicts this no matter how ill-informed he is.
Perhaps if we refrain from commenting [negatively] about each others performance, support etc. until the week of our Derby Matches then this forum would make more pleasant reading.

Quote:
superblues said:

I agree we should call a truce & stop this negativity towards each other. It would be good for both Clubs to have a neighbour who is a healthy rivalry (it has not done any harm to the Premier teams of Liverpool/Manchester/North London).

Superblues i seriouly suggest you listen to the chants that Tottenham, Arsnal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City, Millwall, West Ham and Chelsea sing about their rivals as it is all about hatred towards eachother. Also number6 we very rarely sing songs about Ramsgate especially in the second half of last season. I went to watch Ramsgate one week last season and Ramsgate sang nothing but negative songs about Margate.