Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Haringey Borough Football Club

Quote:
Rhodes said:
Manic - The pub is called the Palace Gates but you can't miss it as if you turn right at the top of the stairs coming up from the train platform it is facing you and the W3 bus stop is outside. It's not a brilliant pub as the area isn't the best in the World but it's okay and you should be able to sink a few enjoyable pints before the game, as I said don't get to Coles Park late or you're likely to miss a couple of goals at least.
Thanks for your help, managed to find out there is another 2 pub`s nearby there aswell, so if we get there early enough we will have a couple in each 1, the bus is every 7 minutes aswell, once again thanks.

Quote:
MANIC said:
Quote:
Rhodes said:
Manic - The pub is called the Palace Gates but you can't miss it as if you turn right at the top of the stairs coming up from the train platform it is facing you and the W3 bus stop is outside. It's not a brilliant pub as the area isn't the best in the World but it's okay and you should be able to sink a few enjoyable pints before the game, as I said don't get to Coles Park late or you're likely to miss a couple of goals at least.
Thanks for your help, managed to find out there is another 2 pub`s nearby there aswell, so if we get there early enough we will have a couple in each 1, the bus is every 7 minutes aswell, once again thanks.

Sounds like a good day out - plenty of real ale. Yummy Yummy.
Hopefully I'll get some in Kings Lynn on Saturday - a couple of good brewerys around there!!

Quote:
Paula said:
Hopefully I'll get some in Kings Lynn on Saturday
Almost took this the wrong way until I realised it was real ale you were talking about.

Potters Bar Town - Any idea of Haringey's result this week in the FA Youth Cup away at either Thurrock or St Margaretsbury, as usual their Website is 'bang up to date' so don't know which of the two they played but I gather the game was last night.

AWK - Many thanks for that, I'm shocked!

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would resurrect the Haringey Borough thread with a pic of the great Christian Banuelos Charles:

He's another player who is selling himself short by playing at Step 5 level:

Another one who figured in the 0-9 humiliation! What is your yardstick for a "great" player then, Rhodes?

Kenny Dyer in action, Haringey's former boss and saviour from 2004/2005:

Quote:
Horace said:
What is your yardstick for a "great" player then, Rhodes?

Another question that could get spectacular replies or absolutely nothing. Evidence would suggest anyone who has played for Haringey or of course ALL the present KTFC wunderteam

Lato - Don't you do Emmerdale, Coronation Street and Eastenders, you seem to come home from work in the evening and make a b line for your computer in order to give me a hard time, it's becoming a familiar pattern. You have already very kindly answered Horace's question for me although I wouldn't say that I rate everyone who has played for Haringey, there are one or two exceptions.

You are right I don't watch soaps....all crap apart from El Dorado and Crossroads which were so bad they were good. And don't flatter yourself that I have nothing better to do than sit in front of a computer and 'give you a hard time'..but if you keep lining them up!

And I have to answer Horace's question as giving a straight answer to a straight question seems beyond you at times

El Dorado eh, Marcus Tandy came down to Haringey Borough for a Women's match last season as his daughter was playing, a really nice bloke and I had the honour of making him a cup of tea. He couldn't believe all the memorabila in the office at the time, it was like an Aladdin's cave if you recall but now it's more like a cold empty shell.

Yes I recall you sifting through the memorabila with interest once or twice and having a look at the newspapers, what is there now to look at, I'm surprised 'Sugar' hasn't taken the pictures down off the wall.

Yes, with matchsticks holding up your eye lids no doubt particularly if tea boy Roy is back in the fold.