Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town 3 Bury Town 0

lovely stuff

Just to clarify matters. The following is an extract from the relevant documentation which was circulated asking people to sponsor a name plate.

'Support our local Enfield Town Football Club.

We all have a unique opportunity to assist Enfield Town Football Club.

We are offering supporters the chance to sponsor a seat in the soon to be developed new covered seating enclosure that will be the property of Enfield Town Football Club. Some clubs develop links with their supporters through a ‘Sponsor a Brick’ scheme when they are building clubhouses/changing facilities, etc. For us, that will be later on. What we can do at the moment is to tap into the many other means of generating funds for the club.'

You will notice that the words 'property of Enfield Town Football Club' are part of the script.

So the stands are our property.The question remains, will we be prepared to fight a court case in order to get them back, if brimdown refuse to allow us to remove them.(especially if we already have nother nice new ground being built for us elsewhere).

This is all specualtion and conjecture, but it would be nice to get clarification in writing,regarding the position of ownership with both The FA/Football Trust,and with Brimdsown ssc themselves ,well in advance of any proposed future move.

With that assurance.A better discision could be made regarding whether to build a permanent or portable stand behind the away goal.(if we can find future funding for it.)

Where are we going???

Our clubs long term aim is have our own ground in Enfield.Thats what we are all working for.I know the board have been active in this aspect.

How many years are left on our lease with Brimsdown? 7-8 years?.Ideally we won't need another lease with them.That of course depends on many factors( and some good luck to fall our way),but that is our goal and that should be what we are all aiming towards.

Quote:
lovely stuff said:
If it is a portable stand,why couldn't we take it with us?

Or are you admitting that we will not be able to take our current stands with us, so why bother putting in even more?

I think we need to clafiry the stand situation with Brimsdown,and if (as rumours are to be believed),they have no intention of allowing us to take our stands with us,when (and if) we leave.We should in advance check out the legal position with our lawyers.I was under the impression that the Football Trust awarded Enfield Town the grant for the stands.As such, they are our property.At the very elast we should get some legal advice to that effect.

I think all the Town fans who paid £50 each to sponser the seats,would be very miffed to find out we were sponsering a stand we might only be able to use for a few years.

apart from your own minute brain, where did these rumours come form? NO ONE else has heard them. I assume you just like stirring for the sake of it???

Southport,as a Boardmember your attitude generally leaves a lot to be desired lately.Honestly.

Its defeatest,dismissive,and generally obtuse.

Please don't accuse me of making things up.I have a friend who chats to one of EFC's boeard/committee members.And my friend was told by this EFC person that they are being told catagorically from Brimsdown people,that they have no intention of letting us remove the stands if,and when we leave.

If the rumours are untrue and its just stirring,its not coming from me.I'm just passing on what i hear.Which is more than most people on this forum do.

Quote:
lovely stuff said:
Southport,as a Boardmember your attitude generally leaves a lot to be desired lately.Honestly.

Its defeatest,dismissive,and generally obtuse.

Please don't accuse me of making things up.I have a friend who chats to one of EFC's boeard/committee members.And my friend was told by this EFC person that they are being told catagorically from Brimsdown people,that they have no intention of letting us remove the stands if,and when we leave.

If the rumours are untrue and its just stirring,its not coming from me.I'm just passing on what i hear.Which is more than most people on this forum do.

So as this is an unofficial forum, why not contact the board direct, ask for a board response and then post it on here?

And i would have got the same response that i got on here.That the stands are ours and we intend to retain them.Which is fair enough.Thats what i thought anyway.

In posting on here, i was informing ALL our fans,of rumours that some other people at Brimdown might see things differently,and it would be worth clarifying the situation with them.Thats all.

You should be a bit more aware of doing other peoples dirty work then.

To be honest I can't really see why any notice should be taken of what someone said in the bar, what a friend of a friend said or what the taxi driver on the way to the ground said. Rumours are just that, rumours, so why bother spreading them and causing alarm?

Our board has told us that we own the stands and will take them with us if and when we leave (although if I recall correctly one 50 seat section will remain? I may be wrong). In the highly unlikely event that our hosts attempt to prevent this THEY would have to fight a court case. If the legal agreement concerning our ground share is not watertight then our solicitors would be in for a severe rocket!

But why even worry about it on the grounds of a hearsay whisper?

Quote:
Rumours are just that, rumours, so why bother spreading

I think some people are forgetting what this forum is. A discussion forum.Most of the content is rumour and personal opinion.

I raised the subject in order to clarify and secure the clubs position (something that could be crucial and important to our longterm plans), in the face of a worrying 'rumour' that i heard.

That is a totally justified and correct thing to do by an ordinary fan on a discussion forum.

Look I got my notice of the AGM today to be held on the 26th October. There is an item,

"To receive an oral report on the Society's performance in the previous year".

Can I, as a member of the society and also this forum, formally request that mention is made of the status of the stands at Brimsdown at that meeting and that the statements made be minuted.

I thought that is what the AGM was for anyway.

That's the point I was trying to make and I was also wondering why Lovely Stuff cant just speak to a board member at a game with any concerns and not just spread rumours on here, it's not like we dont know who he is!

I think we have to remind ourselves that a mere handful of ETFC supporters/society members come on this forum and post new threads, add to ones already posted or have a moan. The www is a great means to communicate but not all society members/supporters have access to it.

Supporters are able to become society members and it is up to them as to whether they choose to or not. If they don't, then they will not be allowed to attend the AGM. However, they are still needed and are a valuable asset to the club and should be given the opportunity to raise issues or question possible outcomes. We are a Supporters' owned club so supporters, irrespective of whether they are society members, should be part of any process, within reason.

If society members wish the board to take action or explore opportunities, then there is a process which can be followed. That's what democracy is all about.

And just spreading rumours IS not one of them and could do far more harm than good.

Quote:
Brunob said:
That's the point I was trying to make and I was also wondering why Lovely Stuff cant just speak to a board member at a game with any concerns and not just spread rumours on here, it's not like we dont know who he is!

Grow up Brunob.

I don't just want to discuss things with board members.I wish to discuss situations and 'goings on' with ALL fans.

PS..You are quite happy to accept rumours when they are about the identity of forum members,but not when they are about your own club.Very contradictory.(maybe the same person who started the rumours about who i was, is the same person who informed my friend of Brimsdowns alledged stance regarding the Stands).You are being very selective of which rumours you take heed of,especially when they may come from the same person).