Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Whitstable game

Chris1

What a bizaar day i have had, going through a rollercoaster of a match that i lost all hope of us winning as all of our chances could not find the back of the net and then 2 goals in 2 minutes sealing the cup tie. I thought we deserved the victory and it could have been so easily 7-4 to us, Standen i thought was superb and deserves MOTM, Jimmy Jackson, Pinnock, Mckimm and at times Yiga impressed me today. If i was a neutral i would have really enjoyed that game, but as a Margate fan, it was frustrating.

To top off a bizaar day i went to the Winter gardens and listened to some weird music in the shape of Margate exodus, probably ending up on telly then seeing the sea being set on fire spelling the word exodus.

Anyway Well done Margate on getting to the next round. UP THE GATE!!!

We played well at times yesterday and had to really dig in. Whitstable understandably were really up for it and made it tough. You could always tell though that they wouldnt be able to keep it up for the whole 90 mins and in the end they ran out of steam. A moment of class from Pinns for the winner and what a relief. His hard work paid off. Thought Wisker came on and gave us more bite in midfield and this turned things in our favour. Also don't think we would be in the next round had it not been for Yiga who won many a ball in the box and eventually got what he deserved on the day. Honourable mention to Jacko for getting everyone going during the game and playing well too. Standen did ok and was unlucky with a great shot in the first half where the keeper made a top class save. When it came to real defending I thought Trotty really carried the team. Louis Smith is a good little player and put a good cross over for a goal but really needs to get stuck in sometimes instead of retreating. I know this was mentioned before so I paid close attention yesterday and it is a fair point. Great block from SCS at the death.

My heart stopped when Whitstable had that chance at the end, which SCS as SCS did not really get tested much yesterday. My main criticism of Yiga yesterday was that in the first half he was giving the ball away a lot, getting caught offside a lot throughout the whole game and his finishing at times, apart from that i thought he had a good game.

A fair reflection Alex. It maybe a lack of first team football but I did think that he did give the ball away a lot in the first half. H e also seemed to want to get ridof the ball quickly rather than take on a player or run with it. However he did not stop running all afternoon and deserved the goal which should do his confidence no harm at all. With Hockton out for another week it will be good to see us (hopefully) playing two strikers Saturday.