Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Home or Away?

Serious Sid

When playing a team from a higher league is it better to play them home or away? I get the impression that playing away might pump the team up more - backs against the wall and all that. Yesterday I could feel the resolve and sheer determination from here. Would the feeling have been as strong if we had been playing at home? I am not suggesting we wouldn't have been as committed if we had played at home but we may not have seen it as such a mountain to climb.

i think the atmosphere is likely to be slightly better at away games if big numbers of fans go away like yesterday,we had about 100 standing on the terrace opposite their main stand and we couldn't hear their fans sing,not sure that they did,but it must of gave our guys a lift.At home when there has been over 800 in the ground there has always been a brilliant atmosphere especially when the bigger clubs have come down,i remember being in the eastside for the tranmere,stevenage and burton games and it was electric

Next saturdays game looks as tough as yesterdays (provided it is still Fleet that we're playing). They're flying high in their league and scoring lots of goals.

As for home or away draw, if we're at home then I think we need to up the noise levels a bit and kind of get the singing a bit more co-ordinated. When we're away I think we generally make more noise as we know it helps the lads.

I'm just glad to be in the next round, bring on whoever fancies a game against this side.