Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Team for saturday

michael

Seems a quiet week on the forum this week-certainly miss those midweek game debating topics.

Thank goodness we now have a reserve side to debate midweek.

Anyway, as it seems quiet to me, i thought i'd do the armchair Ron Manager bit and name a team for saturday that everyone can rip to bits, so here goes:

(Assumptions-Skinner and Trott are fit, but Jackson is unfit.)

SCS

Protheroe Wild Trott Skinner

Oates Saunders McKimm Standen

Pinnock Hockton.

subs: Mitten,Donovan,Smith,Yiga,Abbott.

Standen can give balance on left ,and a bit of bite in midfield(not too much though please).Dean can also be a bit of a 'provider'-an underated provider imo.

Oates to play in front of Protheroe-Greg lost a bit of pace, but one on one can still beat a player and he is the one player who can provide quality crosses-so i'd play him wide right-may have to be subbed by Abbott after 65 minutes.

Up the 'Gate

Todays paper says Justin & Jimmy could ber back after injury but Trotty is set to miss out with a hamstring injury. Also says was set to complete a deal for A charlton striker this week (I wonder who that is!). Mentions Margate board budgeted to reach this round so players know they will benefit if furher progress made.

An interesting team I think:

SCS

Smith Wild Donovan Skinner

Protheroe Saunders Standen Jackson

Pinnock Hockton

Subs: Mitten,Oates,McKimm, Holden and Stellon.

I am presumming Trotty is not fit however if he is then he will replace Donovan who will move to the bench Charlie will stand down.

The inclusion of young Stellon is if we need the inroduction of pace down the right and Holden is there to be the third striker if required.

SCS

Smith Trotty Wil Skinner

Protheroe Saunders Mckimm oates

Hockton Pinnock

Assuming Trotty is fit he seems to have passion for the FA cup, so he's a good option. Protheroe is terrible in defence almost all of our goals recently have come from him so the rights a good place as I believe he can cross. Oates I think played left wign the other day and I believed he played well. While the centres are solid. Hockton and pinns are relaible so...

However I know nothing about the other three players from the reserves so I cant include them. It would be good to have some pace on the wigns and in midfield though, to finally put a good ball into the forwards. I would prob put robbo back in the team for his pace if his fit however I'm not sure after some performances. While the other striker from the reserves could be another option as many of the forwards performances are driying up, mostly due to the poor service though

Simon the Physio sent me some info for today's programme that ruled Trott, Skinner and Jackson out for today. However this was early in the week so things may have changed but Robin looked likely to be out for up to 4 weeks.

Steve

If you want pace down the wings then you only have two choices the wingers for the reserves. Yiga is too slow and by all accounts Robinson cant cut it as a winger.Today would be a good time to blood the resrves as only playing Kent league opposition by all accounts.

Another poor display and these would then need to play sometime.

If Trotty is out for 4 weeks which could easily be the case with a hamstring, we definately need that additional defender.

(unless Jay plays in central defence).

Anyone know how Luke Williams is progrsseing with his kidney injury-he looked a good defender to me

Thats another reason why we must must must win today-get the £5k prize money so MFC can fund another defender.

Up the 'Gate

Difficult one.

Wild and JD were superb as a pairing against Chelmsford,but by all accounts not so hot in subsequent games.

Rt has made a few errors apparently, but brings much needed organisation and leadership to the defence, plus hardly ever misses a header.

Just feel we have not quite got it right at the back, and need that win today to fund another top quality defender.

(Sobers from Chelmsford would do for me )