Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Don't forget the RESERVES on Saterday

blueblood

Reserves v Dover Saterday 3-00pm kick off.

Agree "Tony".

The Boy is solid and will never let you down. From what i saw today, which was not a lot due to burger bar commitments he had his work cut out.

Young Kenny Pratt looks like being out for a month or so with a torn hamstring.

Young Jamie Stallon was taken to Hospital with concussion after being ko'd.

"Taffy Alan" has the team sheet and will post it as soon as possible.

Scott Holden was down to play though he did not feature due to being held up at work.

Kieron Morris was here in the capacity of spectator. When i asked the management if he had signed, i was told he was subject to a 5 day approach so nothing is settled as yet.

Sesay and Yiga turned up and that's about all i can say about them.

Margate Reserves lost their unbeaten league record against a strong mobile Dover side today who thoroughly deserved their win. The first 15 minutes was all Dover with Brad Pettman clearing off his line when a goal looked likely. Margate then came a little into it but it was no surprise when Dover took the lead in the 30th minute when the Dover winger got to the bye line and put over a great cross that their no 7 nodded in at the far post. This seemed to wake up Margate and Kenny Pratt had a fine chance to level in the 36th minute but completely mishit his shot, skewing the ball well wide. Then in the 40th minute Yiga hit a low shot which the Dover keeper made a fine save down by his left post.Fans were hoping for a turnaround in the second half but it was not to be. Tom Hickman in midfield was having a hard physical battle with his ex Dover team mates, Sesay showed a couple of nice touches but looked very rusty after his long lay off. Then Kenny Pratt went down in the 55th minute with a bad hamstring injury which will keep him out for a while. His replacement Neil Hoggart nearly forged an equaliser with a fine run down the right but his final cross was unable to find a Margate player for the equaliser. Dover then broke away and their No 11 hit a fine shot into the net from quite a tight angle to make it 2-0. thinks then got worse for Margate when Jamie Stellon got knocked out when challenging for a ball and, after a long wait, was carried off and an ambulance called for to take him to hospital. Dover then made it 3-0 in the 73rd minute when their no 10 hit an excellent free kick into the right hand corner and 4-0 in the 85th when there was a mix up in defence and an own goal scored. Attendance was 49.

Margate team 1.Mark Beresford 2.Brad Pettman 3.Dan Allen 4. Alan Heath 5. Luke Williams 6. Andrew Weatherley 7. Jamie Stellon 8. Tom Hickman 9. Kenny Pratt 10. Laurence Yiga 11. Osman Sesay Subs: Neil Hoggart, Ollie Donohoe, Shane Mayhead and Tony Newman

They definatly can and will play better than yesterday.

The aim must surely be to get 100 there for reserve games.

I read somewhere last week that Faversham get over 100 for there reserve games-if they can, surely we can at MFC.

Whilst accepting the administration is part time, it would be nice to see a bit of marketing/promotion of the reserve side by the club itself.

I can recall from my early years watching the "gate".(yes there ARE certain things I can recall from my youth).On days when the first team were away there were many supporters supporting the reserves.I was there reguarly.(Wasnt old enough for a job in thse days so that helped me attending).In those days we had half-time scores from the first team given out & we even stayed behind AFTER the game to hear the final first team result.No-one left until the result was announced.I still rememember that phone ringing in the main stand when the score was passed on to us. O.K,we can now get updates etc unlike in those days but they were times that I remember well.Admittedly there was a supporters collection day then when supporters club agents including my dad came & watched as they paid monies in.

Attendances for the reserves in those days were good.

Cant offer any direct remedies to this but it was nice to share my memories with you nevertheless.

Incidentally I do recall also, though vaguely, in this instance that the "large" posters we had those days that were shown all over the town DID include the reserve fixtures too. Am not saying they should now be included but in those days the mention of them & the coverage around the town of such games MUST have had that positive effect on attendances.

Tell you what, and this is not just Margate, the up and coming youth teams never seem to be a part of the bigger set-up, only when the first team/reserves are in trouble do they get an interested look. I bet that only a handful of the youth team players have seen any of the first team management/trainer.

Up the Gate