Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tonight at VCD - updates

Cookie

Barry the Barber has called me from the ground & has said that just TWO of the main first team are playing tonight. Scott in goal & Abbott. Team news will be forwarded later unless others are genned up on things & they might help on this. If anything happens Barry will call me.Of course other updates from other people might come on here first.K.O.AT 7.49PM. Just kicked off!

HALF-TIME 0-0 (LATEST)

A decent game."Gate" players are working hard & playing well.A pretty even first half he says.

Barry is unable to name the other players.Wisker I think is out there with Chalmers-Stevens & Paul Abbott but he cant name the others at this time.We hit the woodwork 3 minutes from half-time but other than that there has been about 3 shots at goal by each side.

More will follow if something occurs. If a goal is scored he will call otherwise assume the score is still 0-0. Sorry I cant be more helpful.

Nice one! Your missus that is!!

Anyway heres something that might help you with your original question though I realise you were posing the question in jest. Here it is anyway.

--------------------------------------------------

About VCD athletic FC

VCD Athletic were one of only a few clubs to have originated during the Great War,formed in 1916 by workers at the Vickers armaments factory in Crayford.The club have always been based at the firm's sportsground "Oakwood" in Old Road, Crayford until 1999 when they entered a ground share agreement with Thamesmead Town whilst they obtain approval for floodlights at Oakwood.

Only friendly matches were played to start with at Oakwood as there were no officially run competitions during wartime.

Records show that a club called Vickers(Erith) joined the reformed Kent League in 1919,changing their name to Vickers(Crayford) a year later,and then in 1921 joining the Dartford & District League.

In the 1919 season they visited Maidstone United on Boxing Day and played in front of a crowd of 13,500. The Vickers team contained seven arsenal players, who were finishing of their war service.

Four years later, they joined the newly formed Kent Amateur League in Division One and lifted their first trophies in 1927 when winning the Kent F.A. Junior Cup and Kent Benevolent Cup.

It was a further 25 years before more silverware came to "Oakwood" when they won the Division One title in 1953.

The Kent Amateur League Cup was won in 1962 and again in 1964. Unfortunately,the following season saw them relegated with the dismal record of P-24,W-0,D02,L-22,goals for 25,goals against 199.

Promotion was gained in 1969, but after a mediocre period during the 70's they were again relegated to Division Two in 1980.A season later they were promoted back to Division One and in 1985 became champions and were promoted to the restructured Premier Division.

By now the Kent Amateur League had changed its name to the Kent County League and success continued when VCD won the Kent FA Intermediate Shield in 1988. That same year the club were involved in the last ever match to be at Maidstone United's London road ground, when they won the West Kent Challenge Cup.

In 1992 our current manager, Martin Ford joined the club, and two seasons later he caheived a unique treble in winning the Kent Intermediate Sheild, the Kent County League Cup and the Erith Hospitals Cup.

Season 1996/7 saw the club set a Kent County League record when winning, for the first time in the club's history, the Premier Division title by a record 15 points.

Senior status was awarded that same year and a successful application was made to join the Winstonlead Kent league where VCD have progressed each season from ninth in there first season to third in season 2000/1, during this time they have finished League Cup R/up 98/99,Winners 99/00 Charity Shield R/up 2000/01, Kent Senior Trophy R/up 2000/01.

First entered the FA Vase in season 98/99 and the FA Cup in season 2000/01.

I presume it means" Vickers/Crayford/Dartford. Not sure though.

13 minutes to go still 0-0. A few chances for both sides again in the second half. Looks like extra-time is looming.(You know whats going to happen now that I said that).

LATEST: Brighton under 18s 4, Ramsgate under 18s 0 (Youth Cup)

This is just going from bad to worse to downright crap!!!

Saw them at Gloucester on Saturday and we were truly unlucky but to go out in the 1st round of the KSC is just soooooo bad.

VCD keeper pulled off a cracking save in the final minutes to prevent an equaliser but the FINAL SCORE has come through as VCD 1 MARGATE 0. Now its ALL for the league now then with NO distractions. 100% commitment now I hope!