Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tonight at VCD - updates

Cookie

Admission on Wednesday night was £6 which included a programme. The match was pretty even I thought.

Think we could tell Mark and the choir who did go were cold as sposmatic drumming and occasional singing not up to their usual high standards.

Mind you Tam was more interested in the fireworks that were still being let off in neighbouring houses along with singing all the 30 odd verses of the Red Flag (and if your have ever heard Tam singing you would understand the "odd" comment)

As Frankie says, £6 per person including a programme on Wednesday night and I agree that the game was pretty even. I encouraged a colleague who, like me, lives fairly near the ground and he enjoyed the game.

I have to say that when I saw the players warming up I was disappointed that it was not the first team but it is the manager's decision. However I have to say that every one in the team, to use a 1950's phrase, "got stuck in" and I did not feel that any of the players on the pitch let me down. Had the VCD goalkeeper not been on form, particularly in the second half, we might have had a couple of goals anyway.

What needs to be borne in mind is that for VCD Margate is an undoubted scalp and they don't really care whether they were playing our 1st team, reserves or any other level - they beat Margate who are a couple of leagues above them. I shall have to read all about that in our local papers up here next week!

All in all, nice little ground, pitch and people, just a shame about the result.

Not there, so difficult to comment too much, and whilst i agree Abbotts form seems to have dipped a bit; it would not have been easy for him in this game as he would not have known too many of the other players,let alone understand their game and style; whereas he is used to playing with the first team.

It is a team game, and Abbott would have been the odd man out in the team on tuesday, so give him a bit of slack maybe ?

Generally, to get a regular first team place, as opposed to being a sub. he does need to up his game a bit though.

I couldn't get there either and I must say I am a bit huffed that we didn't field a stronger side.

Me - I want us to win everything, with players who put on the shirt wanting to win everything! I am pleased if the team gave of their best on Wednesday - you can do no better. I just mourn the result and the fact that if we don't get our League form on track the season will be dead by Christmas!

Abdullah the stoic!

I would have thought supporters would have realised that that was to be the case Steve BEFORE they went. Admittedly it wasnt actually mentioned but it had to have been a big possibility. Only todays result will determine if it was worth the sacrifice.Nothing less than a win will prove that it was.

Well said Reserveplayer! IF SSS came along to a reserve game he may realise what talent Margate have for the future as some of them have already shown this season by making the first team squad.

Thats the way when you have a fair size fanbase. Some people feel they are being had in some way when its a first team fixture officially. No problems from me though and from the majority I imagine. I think everybody is supportive of the whole setup in general though unless I'm mistaken. Never going to please everybody but you can please the large majority. Some would have been unhappy had the full first team been played on Wednesday (me for one). I was very pleased with the team that was put out and the two first teamers that played did so for a reason.