Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tonight at VCD - updates

Cookie

Impressed with the kids last night. VCD are second in the Kent League so losing 1-0 is creditable. They beat Bashley 5-0 in the cup this season. Very basic ground but good bar and pitch.

This from their website did make me chuckle, however...

A CROWD OF OVER THREE HUNDRED IS EXPECTED ON WEDNESDAY EVENING AS OUR BOYS TAKE ON THE MIGHT OF RYMAN PREMIER DIVISION MARGATE IN THE FIRST ROUND OF THE KENT SENIOR CUP. MARGATE OFFICIALS HAVE TOLD US TO EXPECT OVER 150 TRAVELLING FANS TO THE OAKWOOD FOR WHAT PROMISES TO BE A EXCITING OCCASION. CAN THE UNDERDOGS OF VCD CATCH MARGATE NAPPING OR WILL OUR HIGHER LEAGUE OPPONENTS PROVE TO STRONG.

Hopefully those who saw these kids play last night will come along and watch them in the future especically if first team not playing. It's well worth the £2 admittance.

Last night was a very GOOD performance by the reserves against a team that is 2 (two) leagues above them. RT and MF had a good close look at how the reserves performed against men and, what potential they have to offer. On the whole I think they all came out of it well and, showed that a few of them have the potential to progress.

Not wishing to single out players (but I will).

It was interesting to see Louis Smith palying as a centre back and I think that this is his true position.

Jamie Stelleon showed what pace and commitment he has. He never gave up running all night unfortunatley, his final ball still needs to be worked on but, it will come. I still predict that he will be a major asset to MFC.

Tom Hickman showed that full commitment to the shirt and his crunching tackles were to be admirred but, not to be practiced on me.

I have not delibrately not commented on SCS or Abbot as last nights game was not about them.

On a lighter note from last night.

Frankie reappearing 5 minutes late for the second half shiverring. Maybe it had something to do with the pint of extra chilled Fosters he had in his hand.

Tam's constant moaning about not wanting extra time till they scored and, then changing his tune to wanting extra time.

When VCD bought on the sub who stood all of 5 foot in his extra long studded boots to be marked by Alan Heath who must be at least 6'4".

Braintree ran out of Steak rolls well VCD ran out of chips and, did we not hear about it from certain individuals.

Where did Ryan get to before halftime. He never came back with the 11 teas we ordered (including the Earl Grey for Frankie).

Thanks for that Joseba, I agree with you about Stellon he tries very hard and I too am sure will be a good asset, I also like the look of Nick Bagley who is very skilful on ball with a good shot, maybe lets his head down a bit at times but still only 19. The other player I like is Dan Allen, interesting to see he was No 3 last night as plays No 2 for Reserves normally, another good worker.

Very much so and with more people the banter was better.

Decided to stand with the older 'riff raff' last night although as Joseba and I stood in front of the limited seating it did force Tam, Keith, Dave and the rest to join us by the railling.

Liked the idea of running hot water through the metal bar surrounding the pitch so that we could be warmer. With a bit of plumbing work al la Steptoe and Son we could even do that at Hartsdown!!!

Didn't go as i had to work but, was chuffed to bits with the closeness of the score line. These youngsters play 2 leagues below VCD,(possibly a Ryman One team next season) have only been together in a Margate shirt since around July.

I am proud of what they achieved Wednesday night. Proud that they reportedly played so well in front of Trotty and co.

Saying this i am not so proud of some of the whinging i have listened to from people who should know better. The Lads, Yes Lads represented Margate, whether they are 1st teamers or not they don't deserve to have there own FANS cheer when the( in league terms ) superior opposition score the only goal.

Well done Boy's you have lived upto what we regular reserve watchers know you are capable of and have a lot more to offer us in the future.

Don't' forget:-

MARGATE v Ramsgate res. (Or however many 1st teamers they feel they need to field to feel secure).

Tuesday night.

Surely we can have 150 at Hartsdown for this one.

I cheered when VCD scored, was so bloody cold and pissed off, I just couldn't stand the thought of extra time. I thought Bagly, Heath and Smith were the only ones that came out of that game with any chance of making the first team squad. The rest of the lads can play much better football than that, it can't have impressed the gaffer.

different view than your old man Teabar.

Even if you are correct TBM and 'just '3 guys do make it to the first team, then that is a major achievement in its own right.

realistically, you would only expect 3-5 to make it anyway.

Remember aswell , by 'making it' we should not be talking about the odd first team appearance, but a player who is a regular in the team at Ryman top 5 team level, with minimally the ability to play at conf. south level.

If 'just' 3-5 players can do that, then the reserves are worth their weight in gold