Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Getting A trial at slough

Hello there my name is James dean; I am trying to get a trial with Slough Town fc. I am still a youngster I have just turned 20 Years old. I have been playing football all my life for teams such as

QPR, Leicester city, and wycombe w FC, however I have never been able To make a break through and when I turned 17 years old I had a collapsed Lung. However with this experience and the right guidance, and training I feel I can be a good player for Slough Town. I may feel that with the lack of training and games I would better off in the reserves for a short while, however I may be sharper than I feel. If anyone can shed any light in how i can contatc someone about requesting a trial, or recommend anything I would be more than grateful.

My Number is 07856135236, or you can reply to my e-mail. JamesDean33@hotmail.com

Many Thanks

James Dean

If you are after a trial at slough you are best going to the Magistrates court and they will arrange for a Trial at the County court at Reading - or if you have been a realy bad boy it might be the Old Baily!!!!

Try the clubs "official" website for details but be prepared for a wait if you email Roy!!!!!

with the amount of rain we had yesterday, over night and this morning, i'm not surprised it was called off.

Why don't slough fans seem to like it when other football supporters post on there forum, the lad was asking a genuine question and you give him stupid reply thinking that you're funny!

time for some rebates...soon...

promised only 2 teams would play on the ground..plus all training to be on new training faclities....????

its so difficult for all teams.....but we stayed because of the promises...that things would be very very much better ....on the playing surface..things have improved but its beginning to look a bit worse for wear...

chris s

Going back to the original point of the thread...

James I would suggest either coming along to a gamea and introducing yourself to west, roy et al after a game or introducing yourself at one of their training sessions.. held at the polish club in stoke poges on thursday's from 6.30pm.

Personally I hope more "kids" come forward requesting a trail. In the past couple of weeks I've had a few contact me via email. I don't know how they have got on with getting a trail but I would rather have them play for us because they want to play rather than just be here for the money.

Let's face it - that is the standard of football we are heading towards. We need to be getting kids coming to the club who have not quite made the grade at the lower level pro-clubs and want to make a name for themselves before moving on to well paid semi-pro or professional non-league clubs.

A couple of season's ago we lost heavily to a Corinthian Casuals side that was made up entirely of amauteurs who picked up no more than realistic expenses i.e. 40 pence per mile for driving to a game. There are people out there who are hungry to play at a reasonable standard and they are the ones we should be looking towards. We can then get them playing with the legends that are Wilko and Daly and the people with boundless enthusiasm and energy like Miller, Barts, Alexis and Davies and we will have ourselves a decent little side.