Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Phil Smith - Doing good - A nice "fella"

Cookie

From the "sun" newspaper today.

SMITH PUTS DOWN ROOTS

PHIL SMITH has gone from chopping down trees to pulling them up in Swindon's push for promotion from League Two.

The 27-yr-old goalkeeper made some great saves as Robins closed the gap on leaders Walsall with a hard-fought win.

Smith revealed: "On May 31st I bought my first house & the next day Crawley stopped paying my wages so I had to get jobs like cutting down trees just to pay for the bills.

Swindon gave me a one-year contract when Peter Brezovan was injured & now I'm playing for my future.

God luck with that future Phil!

I would say SCS is the best of the lot.

shot stopper extroardinaire and less error prone than most(P Smith not too hot on crosses).

Trust thats not kiss of death and SCS makes the odd error from now;but really he has been faultless

Cookie, I know I asked you to change your signature and I suppose I should be 'grape'ful but now you're just taking the 'pith' with these little 'segments'. Not that it's giving me the 'pip'-just think a little more 'apple'-ication is needed. I doubt you give a 'fig' what I think and on the 'date' of the 26th. I'll buy you a beer as I think it's good that a 'mangoes' and supports his team through thick and thin.

Here's hoping we 'berry' those 'lemoms' called Ramsgate and then we won't have to put up with any s'lime'y comments from RB.

Now that, is a 'peach' of a post.

We're a right 'pear' are'nt we?

I was actually intending to make a serious comment on players who do o.k. at best with us but then go on to suprisingly achieve greater things (i.e. Smithy) and then talk about the other side of things when promising players go and don't ahieve much (i.e. Greenie) but as usual got carried away with me puns.

'Cherry-O' for now.