Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Game Off

And where would that be? crazy

I received three texts telling me it was off so I texted a couple of people and phoned another, I woud rather receive a few texts with the same messasge than to hear nothing at all.

If evryone who received a message that the game was off passed it on to 3 or 4 others then most people should get it.

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
I've said it before and so will say it again. There can only be a certain number of fans who have access to this forum and will know that the game's off.

What can we do about those who cannot access the web who may have turned up yet again?

Pyramid phoning?

I think yesterday was a complete farce. We were told that the local Match Official would get there at a certain time & he did not. When he did turn up he said he would leave it up to the Ref, who had to travel quite a long way, hence the late call off. We knew in the afternoon it was not playable. Poor little Ronnie could not even get the lines marked as it was that wet.

Also because we only Ground Share we do not have someone permantly at the ground, so that makes it even harder.

We did have a system for letting people who don't have internet access know if games are on or off. I think it needs to be dug out again.

(Seethe, seethe, seethe)

flowersmile

Originally Posted By: lanceyboyuk
whats happened to the club call. seems to have fell of the face of the earth recently. Phoned a couple of days ago and the latest was the Arlesly game. Is it not being updated anymore?

If the club has to pay a subscription or line rental for the ClubCall/Newsline service it should surely be dropped now. I’m sure it was worthwhile having the service in the pre-internet days but it’s surely rendered useless these days.

Originally Posted By: Duke of York
Originally Posted By: lanceyboyuk
whats happened to the club call. seems to have fell of the face of the earth recently. Phoned a couple of days ago and the latest was the Arlesly game. Is it not being updated anymore?

If the club has to pay a subscription or line rental for the ClubCall/Newsline service it should surely be dropped now. I’m sure it was worthwhile having the service in the pre-internet days but it’s surely rendered useless these days.

Not if people without internet access are phoning to see if a game is on...

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
I don't believe that there is a contact number for the club on the official site. Maybe, the club should invest in a mobile phone so that messages can be left in the event of postponements.

I think they do, its Safety Officer Daves Mobile Number or our Home number!!!!!!

If I had a pound for every call/text yesterday I would be soooooo wealthy!!!!!!!

flowersmile

Exactly. In addition to games being called off, there is the ability to find out final scores of games if you do not have access to the internet. Ihav efound this useful in the past. The club makes a bit out of it too of course.

I would add that it is very annoying to make an expensive phone call only to found out that it is hopelessly out of date - in fact this is tantamount to fraud. If the line cannot be maintained and updated, it should be withdrawn - either do it or don't.

The mobile phone idea seems a good cheap and easy solution.

Originally Posted By: The Invisible Man
Exactly. In addition to games being called off, there is the ability to find out final scores of games if you do not have access to the internet. Ihav efound this useful in the past. The club makes a bit out of it too of course.

I would add that it is very annoying to make an expensive phone call only to found out that it is hopelessly out of date - in fact this is tantamount to fraud. If the line cannot be maintained and updated, it should be withdrawn - either do it or don't.

The mobile phone idea seems a good cheap and easy solution.

Who would man "said" mobile phone then?

flowersmile