Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

How is the site performing for you?

I have been working hard to ensure that the site runs as fast as possible.

Certainly looking at the page generation times, they are often now well below a second - so things are looking good.

I know that it will be slower at night - especially when this database is backed up (it is getting very large) - but outside of this time, then we should be okay. Please let me know about any issues.

I am also working hard to improve our fixtures / results / tables & stats section. At the moment I only have data down as far as Ryman Div 1 level - I can obviously get results for lower divisions, but it would be a manual task and to be honest I just do not have the time frown

If however anyone wishes to help out with the site, either on a local or senior level - maybe you have HTML or PHP skills - or can offer assistance in some other way, please let me know.

I am desperate for help!!! frown

Finally if you can think of anyway to improve the site then please let me know - your feedback is vital to the growth of the site.

Many thanks.

Ian

Certainly slower in the evening.

My other bone of contention is that sometimes it locks, and the refresh click will not refresh the page. The back button will take me back to the previous page, but locks when trying to open another page. Only course of action is to close back to browser, and re-open Fans Focus.

In terms of the database size would it not be better to have some sort of archive where the best and most useful threads could be kept. This could also mean adding a cut off date of 3 months for example, posts after that date unless archived could be deleted and save on bandwidth and help to keep the database at a reasonable size?

Originally Posted By: Big J R
Certainly slower in the evening.

My other bone of contention is that sometimes it locks, and the refresh click will not refresh the page. The back button will take me back to the previous page, but locks when trying to open another page. Only course of action is to close back to browser, and re-open Fans Focus.

Try FireFox 2 - IE7 has some known faults - download from the link at http://www.nonleague.co.uk/forums (towards top of page)

I will monitor tonight to see if there is any slowdown - but I am not aware of any.

Originally Posted By: Tom
In terms of the database size would it not be better to have some sort of archive where the best and most useful threads could be kept. This could also mean adding a cut off date of 3 months for example, posts after that date unless archived could be deleted and save on bandwidth and help to keep the database at a reasonable size?

indeed - and once the software has an archive I will use it - at the moment it is rather large. But that should only be an issue when backing up, as it backs it up live.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Honestly it is currently pretty awful.

It rarely "remembers me each visit" and to find the forum that I want, or any, easily is like looking for a needle in a haystack as my mother used to say.

Any help that you can offer will be appreciated (as will a pm because it is highly unlikely that I will find this part of the site again!).

Hmmm... have you used the menu navigation to the left, which should stay open where you had it last time.

It sounds like you have some cookies issues on your PC.

Have you tried wiping all your cookies from this site and starting again? Use the link towards the bottom left of this page.

Also check to see if your security is set too high.

If you have done all this, I will need to know your setup (PC/MAC, which browser, which OS etc...)

Thanks.