Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Potters Bar 2 Enfield Town 1

Hawkeye Pierce

Potters Bar deserved their win today and full marks to Andy Leese (and the town rejects Howard and Black who scored).

We had the same ref as at Great Wakering and for me I saw no improvement. I've yet to understand how you can be offside running round a defender with the ball? Blatant foul in the box - no penalty.

Bryan Hammatt walked the ball into the net in the end in injury time.

Ashley Harris had another good game despite the scoreline.

I'm not going to say anything else as I'm not happy about the whole performance today.

Yes, Potters Bar deserved their win today. They were more hungry for the win and stronger in every department. Our form has taken a worrying turn for the worse and qualifying for the play-offs is no longer a formality. Fortunately AFC Sudbury, who have two games in hand, only managed a 0-0 draw at basement side Flackwell Heath which keeps them five points behind. We really can't afford to lose next week against Canvey Island.

BTW, I thought there were a few more at the game today than the declared crowd of 201.

Very poor performance all round.( apart from keeper )

The team appear to be happy just turning up.......and as we all know, that does not win matches.

I have stated on this forum many many times, that we need a good quality centre forward who can score but also hold play up and be the supplier for Crace ( a quality forward .

Town are sliding out of the top 5 and my bet is that we will finish about 8th.

There is no passion in the current squad and we have serious problems over the next few games with injuries and suspensions taking there toll.

Perhaps the elusive Mr Braithwaite will solve our problems !!

Another great signing by Jim !

Has anyone seen the guy since he signed some months ago ?

Bottom line......Town need an injection of new blood at the top for it to filter down to the Players and then supporters.

Thats 4 points from a possible 15, and thats not good enough, with a hard game against Canvey next week we are in the middle of a very important period of the season if we are to gain promotion via the play-offs.

Awful team performance, totally disjointed, Potters Bar well deserved their win, despite rarely testing our keeper who as RnR said looks very comfortable & assured.

Hammatt was lucky to still be on the park after his "Rooney-esque" style stamp on the Potters Bar sub that was, like many other things, missed by the ref & lino, he seems to be getting more & more frustrated every week, remember the Harlow shenanigans, I do wish he quit the theatrics & concentrate on the football.

Originally Posted By: Rhymenreason
Originally Posted By: Potters Bar Town FC
Can we play you every week?

You'll probably not get an easier 6 points Kev - Well done! I don't suppose you'd part with Andy leese to us would you?

Not you lot as well! I've got enough problems with the Cheshunt fans wanting Andy back. Mind you, he had a week's break over Christmas (ironically to the same place where Jim Chandler currently is) and we managed four points out of six without him.

Nobody has commented on the change in formation. It was practically 4 - 2 - 4 and we missed the wing backs getting forward to support the front runners. We lost it in the middle where Valendia and Jones, who I thought played well especially in the first half, were outnumbered.

As for the pitch did not suit a passing game. There were times when the bounce of the ball was totally unpredictable. May as well have played with a rugby ball.

Originally Posted By: Rhymenreason

We had the same ref as at Great Wakering and for me I saw no improvement. I've yet to understand how you can be offside running round a defender with the ball? Blatant foul in the box - no penalty.

Normal service resumed I see...Townies love a good ref rant!!

Hey Coup, didn't take you long to chip in with a comment, as usual.

Were you there ?

Did you see the decision ?

No ?

I cannot believe that everyone in the ground did not see the keeper grabbed at Hammetts foot and bring him down in the box, apart from the Lino, some few meters away and a Ref, who was out of control for the entire game, as he was at Great Wakering some weeks ago.

Not a rant, just an observation.

No heart.No desire.No enthusiasm.Was this down to the fact that Jim wasn't watching them?.Maybe just wearing the Town shirt hinders performance?

Both PB's goalscorers yesterday(Howard and Black) were giving 100% effort.Something both of them rarely did when they were Town players.

The Hammett/Crace partnership will only play well and deliver the goods in about one in 3 or 4 games,and that success will heavily depend on the tactics of the individual back four they are playing against.For me Crace needs a target man alongside him.Hammett and Crace should in my opinion be competing for one place up front.Very much a Defoe/Keane situation.

Matty and Nyman are too inconsistant this season.Bastian needs to start overlapping.He rarely makes it as far as the attacking half.I think we'll be ok in central defence with Tickner/Gant/Allen.I would be tempted to play Stevens in central midfield.

Lets just hope that Leon Braithwaite not only exists,but that he get fit very quickly and proves to be a quality striker.It may be the difference between a play off place ,or Jims departure.(As Jim stated he would resign if we did't at least make the play offs)

Originally Posted By: Steph

As for the pitch did not suit a passing game. There were times when the bounce of the ball was totally unpredictable. May as well have played with a rugby ball.

Come on Steph. We cannot keep blaiming the pitch for our losses! PBT played well on it. We didn't play. There seemed to be some players out there not playing for the shirt. We were poor.

Fortunately I missed the Waltham Forest game but yesterday was just dire (it was almost as bad as the first half v PBT last season). Two shots on target including a stumbled walk into the net just isn't acceptable. I agree the new keeper shows promise.

Come on Town lets have some bottle on Saturday for the visit of the Islanders.

Originally Posted By: football fanatic
Originally Posted By: lanceyboyuk
hey cant get much worse. Weve been awful since the new year. Something tells me not buying a season ticket was a good decison at the start of the year, only have to chuck it in the bin if i had one.

Glory Hunter ?

No just how I feel. Im sure a few other people would agree. Are attendances speak for our selves in many ways.