Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek magic!

AFC Hornchurch 1 1 Wingate & Finchley

FT Enfield Town 1 0 Canvey Island

FT Redbridge 2 1 Aveley

FT Waltham Forest 3 0 Enfield

FT Ware 1 0 Harlow Town

FT Wivenhoe Town 0 1 Great Wakering Rovers

Some VERY interesting results last night!

1 AFC Hornchurch 34 24 7 3 78 22 +56 79

2 Harlow Town 33 20 6 7 57 25 +32 66

3 Enfield Town 33 19 5 9 52 30 +22 62

4 Canvey Island 34 16 9 9 56 37 +19 57

5 Maldon Town 34 15 9 10 41 38 +3 54

6 Ware 33 15 8 10 53 45 +8 53

7 AFC Sudbury 31 14 10 7 52 31 +21 52

8 Waltham Forest 35 13 13 9 50 46 +4 52

9 Wingate & Finchley 33 13 10 10 46 35 +11 49

10 Aveley 34 14 7 13 43 42 +1 49

11 Waltham Abbey 34 12 10 12 51 40 +11 46

12 Arlesey Town 34 12 9 13 36 44 -8 45

13 Potters Bar Town 34 12 7 15 51 50 +1 43

14 Wivenhoe Town 32 12 6 14 40 40 0 42

15 Enfield 33 12 5 16 51 51 0 41

Come on Rhymenreason. This seems a bit harsh to only copy and paste the top of the table down to Enfield FC. Whatever happened to the remaining seven teams? It was a great Town performance last night and we are thoroughly deserving of the third place in the table but let’s press on for 2nd.

Agree. Those were tough conditions to play in and I think the summary on our site pretty much sums the game up. We just about deserved our win against a good Canvey side. Great to have some oppo fans to banter with too. Some good hearted singing and some friendly banter.

Have to disagree here - not a great performance, but a great win - the classic 'win ugly' in fact. I thought our second half performance was very poor, and the standard of passing diabolical. Thankfully, the one part of our game that is functioning fully is the defence, and Canvey didn't have a meaningful shot at goal all night.

Though I'd be happy to sail into the play-offs on a tide of sterile 1-0 wins, it doesn't mean that I have to enjoy them!

Father Jack,

I disagree with your post. Our second half performance was far better than the first. You seem to have forgotten the first 20 minutes when we could barely get it out of our half!

In the second half Canvey appeared to change to a back 3 with their numb er 6 pushing further forward. This gave our forwards more room and, with a bit of luck, we may have got 2 or 3 more. I tought Dave Allen should have been on from the start he is the only defender we have that has pace. In the first half the winger on the club side was getting a lot of balls across and looked dangerous when DA came on he had him bottled up and served for breakfast.

I can't believe that we saw the game so totally differently. Defence excepted - we were awful in the second half; at one point I think we'd gone 20 minutes without completing a pass properly. Still not complaining about the result though.

As for the Canvey winger, behind the goal we spent the game giggling at his incompetence; he spent most of the first half dribbling the ball out of play or falling over for no convincing reason.

Some nice comments on our forum and it was good to have some fans to banter with. Most grounds we go to the home support consists of two men and a dog!!!

Thought you just edged it. We defended well but didn't have a lot of ideas in attack. The winger you're talking about is Chris Bourne. He started well but faded later in the game although he worked bloody hard all game.

Good luck for the rest of the season. Think we might get you again in the play offs at some stage if we make it.

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
Let's hope that Ilford do drop. In the event of us not winning the play offs another trip to that dump of a ground would be awful. Shame Flackwell have had such a poor season. Nice club and people.

There are nice people at Ilford too but it isn't the most fan friendly ground.

Originally Posted By: YELLOW
Some nice comments on our forum and it was good to have some fans to banter with. Most grounds we go to the home support consists of two men and a dog!!!

Thought you just edged it. We defended well but didn't have a lot of ideas in attack. The winger you're talking about is Chris Bourne. He started well but faded later in the game although he worked bloody hard all game.

Good luck for the rest of the season. Think we might get you again in the play offs at some stage if we make it.

You were lucky, we are only used to "one man and his dog"!!

evil2