Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

what did happen to the cash

I was in a certain public house last night, and approached by a very strange person, who asked.............

"when the council did the deal with Mr L, what happened to the cash the council kept back, to build a football ground in Enfield"

and i can't remember, answers please....

The Clubs in Crisis book that features the Enfield/Enfield Town story states the following:

“Enfield Council correctly refused to hand over the monies [from the Escrow account] to Lazerou: no site had yet been identified and therefore there was no claim. Over the next few months, local newspapers reported that Lazerou threatened to sue the council and, after apparently following legal advice, Enfield Council caved in and put the cheque in the post”

Yes,Enfield Council betrayed Enfield football supporters on so many levels.From agreeing to sell Southbury rd soon after awarding us a 99 year lease.To allowing the sale WITHOUT a new ground in place.To bottling out and giving Laz the 1.75m ,knowing that action would effectively kill of the chance of a new ground ever being built.To lastly refusing to use any of the council half of the blood money (1.75m), to help the club and supporters they sold down the river.The action of the Labour council at the time,especially Rodent Rodin will never be forgotten.

I have a theory about why LS has returned. IMO he has come back in readiness to get his oar in re; the new away kit colour for next season. As far as LS is concerned, Town can have any away shirt as long as it’s yellow!

I do welcome LS back. Don't always agree with his opinions but he does raise some pretty heated debate on here.