Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

dean austin

JKiF

What about Tony Roberts as Manager ?

I think there is some problem about him playing for Dagenham next season, due to his retirement through injury, a few years ago, so he cant play in the Football League.

I think he has good coaching credentials, but is of course un-proven !

Noel Imber was the following season as I recall, Rob. Played in the side against 'The Legends XI' for Steve Clark's testimonial. Is Noel still at cash-rich, The Woood, I wonder?

AWOL, GHA? Whaddyamean AWOL? Surely he was genuinely injured that day? Rumours that he said he wouldn't play unless he was given a 200% pay rise, notwithstanding his contract with the club were surely unfounded. The rumour that he couldn't get to a telephone and let the Manager know that he was injured is a problem that anyone could encounter, surely.

Similarly I'm sure that his announcement that he was to leave these shores and join the .... [now do I remember this one].... Los Angeles Pirates, was surely a typo on the part of the newspaper. They didn't exist! He meant Garry Hill's Dagenham & Redbridge all along. I blame these local hacks for all of it.

Great club and team man, Tony Roberts. Perhaps Gibbo should include him on the short-list for Manager, after all.

1928, 1957 or 1971 Laz?

Come on Laz, you must have been at that game where Roberts pulled his temporary disappearing act. I was sure that it was Billericay.

I don't mind deferring to that whippersnapper GHA as he has a clear mind, devoid of the minor incosequentialities of life like Income Tax, National Insurance Contributions, mortgage repayments, children, work etc., but it would be good to get another view.

I've just spoken to our anorak to satisfy myself.

Heybridge Swifts it was, Alastair Joslin it was and we did, indeed, lose 2-1. GHA didn't get our scorer which was Paul Turner and no, he wasn't a bro. Joslin wasn't. Nor was Paul Turner, but yoou knew what I meant anyway.

January 18th 2000.

Hi Laz. If you mean the 3-0 triumph on January 25th 1999, when we won 3-0 with goals from Clark, Turner and Gentle D., the Saints' custodian was:

.Mervyn Cawston.

Was Noel Imber the guy who used to date Victoria Beckham's sister? Seem to remember him getting some stick off our lot when he was playing at Boreham Wood.