Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bad News

I wouldn't know where to look, EFMTFTV. I think they run more than one side as the age range is 16 - 18, and I heard that the chap who used to drive the red tractor runs one of them. I don't know whether they play as PASE FC, Oaklands College FC or The Mighty Saints or whatever.

There's not been any reference to it in our matchday programme.

There's a link on the Official web-site to YD [that's 'Youth Development'] League table, but before you rush over there, when you click on it says "You must be authorised to view this page".

'Need to know' basis only, clearly.

I have news.

The PASE people at Oaklands do, indeed, run two sides!!

The U.19 side play in the 'Midland Conference' of the 'Conference Youth League' which is for PASE schemes, apparently. They finished a creditable 4th out of 8 sides with 25 points from their 14 games just behind Arlesey and just ahead of Barton Rovers. League champiuons were Stevenage Borough's PASE set-up. Bottom of that League were The Wooood 'Blue' Team (Coach: Chris Watters) with one less than 1 point, who were just behind The Woood 'White' Team (Coach: Craig Edwards) who scored one more point than their colleagues.

The 'other' PASE team is run by the chap who used to drive the red tractor and his team play in Division 1 (North) of the SESSA League which is some student college League thingy, and they finished 5th out of 8.

My source wasn't entirely clear which of the two teams are likely to be furnishing t'lads who Gibbo is hoping will make the step up to the Conference South next season. He wasn't sure how many levels of the pyramid there are between the two, either. He didn't seem know what the football pyramid was, as a matter of fact.

I'll bet that our lads in the yeller & blue could stuff Boro' in the Young Farmers Association Annual PASE Ploughing Competition, mind.

The League Table for the Midlands Conference is on the Football Mitoo site, but is well out of date.

Appears we went out of the League Cup in the first round, losing 0-1 at Wealdstone.

I assume the lads taking money from people to sit in the stand are 'participating in the running of the club on match days'? They do a good job too.

I had to work out what you were talking about there for a moment or two, Rob. The lads taking money at one end of the stand. 'participating in the running of the club'. You were quoting from the advert that Oaklands plagiarised from the Official web-site!

I wonder when the chap who used to drive the red tractor passed his UEFA Grade A or B coaching certificate?

Oi!! Offside ref!!

I've just re-read my post on the League positions in the Midland Conference of the Conference Youth League, with particular reference to the two sides entered by the Woood and their League positions.

Watters 'Blue' Team [that's really what they're called by the way. Good job they've got shirts otherwise they would be 'skins' presumably] from the Woood finishes bottom with 0 points and Edwards 'White' team from the Woood finishes last but one with 1 point. That's not possible.

If Watters team lost every single game, they must have lost to Edwards team, therefore Edwards team must have more than 1 point.

I feel a 'Stewards' coming on. It could rock the very foundations of PASE football as we know it and that'll screw 'em up.

It all seems a bit Mickey Mouse to me. Jumpers for goalposts.

Oh, by the way. It's the same chap GHA. There is photographic evidence, and there can be no doubt.

I certainly don't know enough to dispute that GHA, but I did hear at the end of last season or maybe the beginning of this one, that Chris Zoricich was 'helping' Steve Castle with the coaching of the PASE lads. Presumably he has the UEFA Grade A or B Coaching Certificate, too.

If it's three 'year groups' in the range Under 16 - 18, each receiving 16 hours or whatever the advert says, then it would make sense for there to be more than one track-suit there, presumably, particularly idf Steve Castle has been busy as Assistant Manager of Cambridge United since November.