Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dorking fc -the truth

to be fair to BigJr I dont think having a pop at the man on a personal level is called for, either here or on the new dorking forum.

Ive given him a grilling in the forums because hes been defending DFCL , saying he knows whats going on and says all will be well next year.

Ive been saying there are problems, and showing the evidence, and asking for responses.

I questioned BigJrs motives for defending DFCL.

No straight answers from anywhere other than APMs hopes.

Thanks for your contributions , though, guys, please remember how serious the matter is to fans of Dorking FC in particular.

I have read the other forum and what you have said I don't agree with you thespursfan. No one knows anything about this APM.

I think you have your own motives and can't believe that you are just a fan.

BigJr has been given every opportunity to distance his self from the Collins but still he wants to share his bed.

I think Collins is stupid or either knows a lot more than anyone if he does not want to sell the club as mentioned in the Dorking Ad, he could end up with debt and no club don't really see that as acting in the best interest of the share holders

My motives :

In the sixties as a six year old boy I was taken to Meadowbank to watch football.

I then watched the 66 WC final and the 67 FA final on tv and I am still a Spurs fan an England Fan and a Dorking Fan.

In the seventies I skived off school to watch Dorking in the FA cup, I trained in the youth setup, I followed them home and away.

In the eighties I'd finish work early to get down for the three o'clock Sat kick offs. A bunch of Barnet fans threatened to throw me in the brook for supporting Dorking too loudly. I carried on shouting.

In the nineties I could afford a season ticket at Spurs and saw there first hand how bad it is for a club to have divisions, factions, incompetence and to put it mildly, rule breaking.

In this decade I can afford my Spurs season ticket and a bit more. I thought I might be able to show some gratitude to the club that set me off on my footballing journey. I thought I might be able to help in some small way make that next six year olds visit to the club as rewarding as mine.

I offered financial help in the form of sponsorship. I offered practical help , commercially and plain getting my hands dirty.

What I found was a level of incompetence that threatened the future of the club.

I am a supporter of the club. I will carry on shouting.

This does not look good at all. It appears that the Collins' will hold on to Dorking FC at all costs (even if this means an end to senior football in Dorking). This seems to contradict their claims that they are doing things 'for the best of the club'. How can having no first team be for the best of the club?

If the Council refuse the lease then Dorking FC Ltd will be homeless. At this point I assume that Aran Meadows will step in with a new lease and form Dorking Town who would apply for membership to the CCL. This would all have to happen before the CCL AGM on 21 June. If the lease issue is unresolved by 21 June then I guess there will not be a senior Dorking side next season. Time appears to be running out.

I apologise if any of that is in-accurate. I am purely trying to put together the rumours and articles that are floating around...

What a very, very sad state of affairs.

I think it's a fair analysis Glennm

I think the subtle difference between the Dorking ad report and DFCL's announcement on their site was that Junior said he was acting in the best interests of the shareholders

which appears to be him and his family. I notice the little we do hear is from Junior only.

It is indeed a very sad state of affairs

Well Manchester was very pleasant !

A lot more friendly than leafy Surrey is at present, but then again, I suppose someone has to go there from time to time.

I'll quite happily lend my English road atlas to any posters on here that have never heard of Manchester, even though I must warn you, it is north of Watford Gap.

Got back in time to see the end of the Girls training at Meadowbank and have a convivial drink ! I wonder who all those lovely gentlemen were being entertained in the board-room around 8:30 ???

Then again, apparantly, I'm anally retentive and know absolutely nothing. Maybe that's why the article in the sports pages of today Dorking Advertiser raised such a giggle at Meadowbank this evening !

Hmmmmmm !

Those people are from the CCL informing them about the rules with regards to clubs with out a lease as mentioned in the league bulletin this week. No secret there!

It is a real shame that some people seem not to be taking this situation seriously.

Glad you straightened that out PB !

Actually, I knew three of them very well indeed and I must add, they weren't wearing CCL officials badges !

Very strange the number of DFC players training on the park as the evening sun thought about setting as well !

I think he just wants to make sure there is girls football played at MeadowBank next season, not really interested in senior football.

I can just see the massive crowds making their way through the high street to the gates, that's going to help raise money to make improvements to the ground.