Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Calling Gavin....

Gav,

Are you still lurking? Just wondered if Rhodes had been in touch to pay you your £60 yet?

LOL, still here, though rarely post at the moment, as there is nothing to post about and as I have moved onwards and upwards to the Isthmian league smile

What new league forum HTFCONE? I expect my Edgware forum to get very busy throughout the new season.

Originally Posted By: Gavin
LOL, still here, though rarely post at the moment, as there is nothing to post about and as I have moved onwards and upwards to the Isthmian league smile

What new league forum HTFCONE? I expect my Edgware forum to get very busy throughout the new season.

You'll find it's much more fun here, Gav.

Gav... you still didn't answer as to if Rhodes had cooughed up the lolly yet?

As Cilla would say, Suprise, Suprise.

Come on rhodesy pay up, we all know your just a bad tempered, egotistical, jealous plonker, but you don't want to be known as a TIGHT FISTED bad tempered, egotistical, jealous plonker. Would You?

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
Without a ground?

They've already been playing on their "new" ground for several seasons, NF. Sudbury Town merged with Sudbury Wanderers and play on the Wanderers' ground. They have been waiting for the right price for their old ground. Unlike, for example, Wealdstone and Enfield, the dosh is likely to find it's way into the Club's bank account!

Thanks for that Horace! A side that is going places by the looks of it.

So Hertford merge with Ware.... laugh Only kidding!

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
Thanks for that Horace! A side that is going places by the looks of it.

So Hertford merge with Ware.... laugh Only kidding!

Shhh! How did you get to know about that?

Found this re AFC Sudbury, seems that they are NOT going to get the windful that they thought they would.

"Priory Stadium sold

Jun 07, 2007 at 12:53 PM

The Priory Stadium has been sold to Knight Developments for £2.8millon, almost eight years after the merger of Sudbury Town and Sudbury Wanderers.

The delay was due to the original developers not exercising their option on the former Town ground, and planning consent taking longer than anticipated.

Babergh Council is being paid £900,000 for a small area of land which Suffolk County Council insists is used for access to the site.

AFC Sudbury vice-chairman Peter Scott said: "The ransom strip payment has meant that our plans for community facilities, such as a synthetic all-weather, all-sports, training facility for all ages have had to be shelved.

"From the club's point of view this is hugely disappointing, but our efforts to achieve a more reasonable level of compensation have been unsuccessful."

After paying off historic loans, and capital gains tax, the club will press on with revised plans for a new clubhouse and changing rooms at King's Marsh.

But the hoped-for extension to the seated stand has also been shelved. "