Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Match report

i think its that and the fact that the new reserve set up is basically that it will be used like an "academy" , all the reserves will be 16-18 and be the best college players from the area - having them as our reserves gives them vital experience of senior football and also if they are good enough a chance to springboard into the first team .

They have also entered the Football Conference Youth League against some very strong outfits so we are expecting a lot from these Youngsters .

I'm sensing a tie-up with Wellsy and SEEC.

Sounds like a good idea. The only downside I can see for next season is not being able to give squad players who haven't played for a while a runout, or giving players returning from injury, suspension etc some needed match practice.

No doubt this has been considered.

Sorry i should have mentioned that !

Wellsy's SEEC boys will go under the concord name and play in this footbal conference youth league(which i believe is a midweek thing as all the teams are college based) and Gregg Briggs from SEEC will manage the reserves who will still play in the essex & herts. Obviously first team players not in the squad or returning from injury will still get run outs in the reserves but the squad will mainly consist of theese youngsters who hopefully will show enogh promise that they can come through and challenge for a first team spot .

I have seen so many clubs where the First and reserves are completely different teams, take Billericay for example last night , not one of them has got a realistic shot of getting in the first team squad . Hopefully what we are doing is bridging that gap and making the move from reserves to first team football a realistic aim for these boys

Originally Posted By: onebreast
i think its that and the fact that the new reserve set up is basically that it will be used like an "academy" , all the reserves will be 16-18 and be the best college players from the area - having them as our reserves gives them vital experience of senior football and also if they are good enough a chance to springboard into the first team .
They have also entered the Football Conference Youth League against some very strong outfits so we are expecting a lot from these Youngsters .

You mean there is a college in canvey! smile