Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Non League paper v Non League Today

Yesterday I got my usual copy of the non league paper, today I got a copy of the new non league today paper.

I must say I am impressed with the new Non league today paper, being someone who is more interested in reading articles and stories then match reports NLT carried a lot more articles and stories that I found interesting. They also had a lot more colour pictures then the NLP.

They had a big article on Edgware re the £20000 that Harrow Borough want back, and I liked their 'titbits' on each league.

Ok, so they did not have match reports on every game at step 3 & 4 level, instead a couple of lines, and ok they said Enfield Town beat Potters Bar 2-1 instead of Edgware, they did however get out scorer correct, the NLP did not.

There coverage of the Conference and south and North reports were not as detailed as the NLP, but for me that's fine, I would rather read a smaller article that have a vast percentage of the paper taken up with reports on leagues that are of not much interest to myself.

Rhodes would be interested to know there was a colour pic of a Haringey player in action against Wembley, and in fact their coverage of the Extra Prelim FA cup was very good with colour pics and reports.

As I said I guess if you want match reports then it may not be the paper you are after but match reports can be found on club websites and the clubs local paper, if its articles/news and stories then I think that NLT could be onto a winner.

The BIG question is however, is there room in the market for TWO non league football papers, I would say NO, so let the battle commence!

• 1 month later...

I have both today and there isn't a great deal about SSML Club's, Non League Today has a feature on Royston Town as the papers 'resident groundhopper' attended the FC Clacton FA Vase game at Garden Walk recently. It's quite an interesting piece if anyone wants me to type it out, one surprising comment was that the Club seemed completely unprepared on the day.

I only got the NLP, I thought they may have carried the story about my ban from Edgware after it appeared in banner headlines in the local press, but nothing was in the NLP.

Anything in the Non League Today Rhodes? I am guessing there is nothing in there either otherwise you or others would have mentioned it.

Originally Posted By: Gavin
I only got the NLP, I thought they may have carried the story about my ban from Edgware after it appeared in banner headlines in the local press, but nothing was in the NLP.

Anything in the Non League Today Rhodes? I am guessing there is nothing in there either otherwise you or others would have mentioned it.

edgware must be a dull place if you are the headline news

sort of cyber wenker,cut it short!you are dull and [****!!****] and everybody knows it,ha ha!they should rename you young prick of the year! yayfeck off get lost you midget!

Originally Posted By: coach et 64
they should rename you young prick of the year! yay

That's not the way to talk to the newest member of team Kentish Town, anyway Gavin seems like a reformed character these days

Originally Posted By: youngngifted
Originally Posted By: Gavin

edgware must be a dull place if you are the headline news

Agreed, but not just the Harrow Observer, the Pinner/Stanmore/Wembley they all had the same report as they are part of the same group of papers.

I expected maybe a couple of lines but to fill the whole back page is pretty outrageous, after all no one died!!!!!

I think that says it all with people being shot and knifed on our streets on a daily basis all the papers can do is pick up on a woolly story about a true football fan being dismissed from a Club he loves, it doesn't make any sense but I guess that's the sort of sad society we live in today

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I think that says it all with people being shot and knifed on our streets on a daily basis all the papers can do is pick up on a woolly story about a true football fan being dismissed from a Club he loves, it doesn't make any sense but I guess that's the sort of sad society we live in today

I missed that one.
Saw the one about the unhinged nutter quite rightly booted out.
I reckon no decent club would take that one on.

Rhodes and Gavin joining forces........

Be afraid people.....be very afraid.....

I look forward to seeing ya both on November the 6th at Lowfield!

Talking of which, I take it "Boy Wonder" aka Lee Scott will not be travelling with the squad that day?

Originally Posted By: Jonno
Talking of which, I take it "Boy Wonder" aka Lee Scott will not be travelling with the squad that day?

We hope to get special dispensation so don't get too excited, 23 December last year is probably still fresh in your memory

Um, no it's not Rhodes. Since that game, we have beaten you twice, finished above you in the league and this season we remain unbeaten while KTFC struggle mid table, as predicted.

The 23rd of December 2006 is a very distant memory, believe me....

Do the paroll board give special dispensation for football games then?