Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hoddesdon Town vs Kentish Town

What do you mean 'how much time', I don't understand. My immediate reply would automatically be 24/7 but I'm not sure what you're getting at

You mean how long in terms of success, as long as it takes but we'll probably only need to wait until the end of April

The Club are certainly in a healthy position where Coaching is concerned and our door is being battered down on a daily basis with other high profile Coaches showing a keen interest and wanting to join the fold, we're reluctantly having to turn Level 3 qualified Coaches away at the moment as they're of no use to us.

Dare I suggest that maybe it's not the coaches where the problem is... wink

Originally Posted By: eagles1981
You're getting SLB hand-me-downs as Varela applied to us first!

I don't think that's the case at all and even if it was it would be very much your loss, you wouldn't turn away a man with his CV in a million years.
Incidentally on a related matter seeing how you're a ladies man, Hector turned up at the game on Saturday with his wife and it was very much Elle McPhearson and Helena Christensen eat your heart out, it's probably why we lost as nobody could concentrate on the game.

I know a club with a good young manager (with no UEFA "A" Licence)

hcl1.jpg

I have just clarified with the man himself (Hector) that this is definitely not the case, his heart is very much at Kentish Town and he is with us for the long haul. I'll introduce you to him if you come to the game on 10 November and you can presumably chat in Portuguese

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I think that's pretty unlikely don't you with two UEFA 'A' qualified Coaches at the Club, one of which was Roy Keane's 'mentor' when Roy took his badge in Lilleshall last year and the other who learned his trade from many of the Dutch greats such as Rijsbergen, Suurbier, Haan, the van de Kerkhof brothers, Rensenbrink, Rep, Jansen, Krol and Neeskens to name a few.

Rob Rensenbrink and the Van de Kerkhof brothers were never at Ajax which is where I believe you said Hector Valera learnt his trade. Also interesting that you don't mention Cruyff the greatest of all those talented players.

Lato - You're home from work bang on time tonight.

I think all the Dutch players I mentioned earlier were at Ajax to Coach for a period of time whether they played for the Club during their careers or not, I'm not sure but I'll confirm with Hector. He spent a lot of time in Holland and may even have gone to Feyenoord for a few Workshops. As for Cruyff I don't think Hector has met him otherwise he would have said however he's very modest and may have purposely left him out so as not to appear big headed.

I'm not sure Rob Rensenbrink ever went into coaching anwhere after retiring. Not too sure about the Van de Kerkhof's although they were primarily at PSV. Willie VDK played his last international in 1985.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I have just clarified with the man himself (Hector) that this is definitely not the case, his heart is very much at Kentish Town and he is with us for the long haul. I'll introduce you to him if you come to the game on 10 November and you can presumably chat in Portuguese

I would clarify it again as how else would we get his CV and letter of application addressed to SLB some time before Summer?

From Bedfont FC forum,

Date: 22 May 2007

Name: Hector VARELA

Referral: Web site link

Comments:

I am a football coach / Manager available for next season, I would love to be able to help your club.

Qualifications:

UEFA " A " Licence

UEFA " b " Licence

Dutch Coaching Licence

Experience:

Deportivo Cali - Colombia.

Assistance tactical coach.

Regards

Hector Varela

Originally Posted By: Horace

Qualifications:
UEFA " A " Licence
UEFA " b " Licence
Dutch Coaching Licence

Horace - Thanks very much, I rest my case.