Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hoddesdon Town vs Kentish Town

Yep, 7:45.. I'm easy to spot, old b*stard either getting the run around or sitting on the bench!

Evening all. Well what a turn up for the books as, wait for it, this evenings eagerly awaited contest was abandoned on 55 minutes due to one of the floodlight pilons catching alight and the Referee deemed it serious enough to call the game off. It was particularly annoying as although the score was 0-0 at the time we were all over Hoddesdon and it was only a matter of time before we scored, Jonno and NeutralFan will probably disagree though.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
at the time we were all over Hoddesdon and it was only a matter of time before we scored, Jonno and NeutralFan will probably disagree though.

You're right, I do disagree! As you and I emerged from the boardroom for the beginning of the 2nd half, I seem to remember us both agreeing what an even game it had been and how it could go either way but probably had 0-0 written all over it!!

Incidentally, thanks for the prezzy Rhodes!!

Rhodes turned up at Lowfield today, armed with a gift for me! A nice presentation pack of golf balls, tees, ball marker and green tool, all from Harrods no less!!! My love of golf has obviously not passed Rhodes by and I have to say that it was a wonderful gesture and does much to undo the myth that you're a bit of a nob. Very thoughtful of you Rhodes and I cannot thank you enough. I trust that the scotch I bought you has gone some way towards a thank you!?

A frustrating end to the night, I think there may have been a little water built up in the pylon which caused it to smoke slightly in the 2nd half. I have no doubt that the game could have been played to a finish but I can understand the refs concerns.

I think it was a very evenly contested affair up to the abandonment and the 3 points really were there for the taking by either side! Hitting the crossbar in the 1st half was a bitch, especially as we have had new, thicker goals put in and i reckon had the old ones still been in use it would have crossed the line after bouncing down!!!

C'est la vie.

I look forward to the vase game Rhodes. Good to see you and have a chat. Oh, and thanks for introducing me to "the great one".

I was truely in awe. What a genuinely nice guy. Very humble and a pleasure to talk to. I know Touryboy felt the same.

I trust you enjoyed the hospitality this evening and I hope you found Lowfield the welcoming place it always is. Enjoy reading the programme, I seriously expect us to snatch back the divisional award this year!!!!

Jonno

Quite a timely abandonment if you ask me as I was probably having my best game of the season so far and could only of got worse as the old legs tired wink

Didn't seem like Rhodes recognised me as when I offered him a pint he said he didn't have time and to give it to NeutralFan laugh Maybe I should've let on...

As for the game, first half I'd say we had most of the decent possession and were rarely troubled at the back (Rak you were right about the big lump up front!). We also had more chances to score with numerous crosses, free kicks and corners raining in on KT penalty area. We hit the bar, narrowly headed over and had a few rushed shots where, had we taken more time, would surely have taken the lead.

Hoddy keeper was largely untroubled with only a couple of weak long range efforts to deal with and a couple of comfortable corners to collect.

KT did start the second half a touch livelier in the 10 mins before the abandonment.

Rhodes.. I saw you were taking pics, can you get them uploaded? I could be in a few as I was playing right in front of you in the first half!

NeutralFan - I did know who you were and I'm sorry I had to turn down your kind offer of a pint but someone had offered me a lift home, hopefully we can chat more on 8 September.

I'll be back on later with my side of the story from last night however I still maintain we were the better side throughout and played the more controlled football, for a team who had won their first three games I wasn't overly impressed by Hoddesdon, naturally their best player was the masterful Halil Akil.

Any of the independants care to comment on the game? Did you make it over Horace?

Horace wasn't there as far as I'm aware, a very disappointing no show, Paula style, particularly as I was relying on that tenner to buy a round of drinks.

Originally Posted By: Jonno
Rhodes turned up at Lowfield today, armed with a gift for me! A nice presentation pack of golf balls, tees, ball marker and green tool, all from Harrods no less!!! My love of golf has obviously not passed Rhodes by and I have to say that it was a wonderful gesture and does much to undo the myth that you're a bit of a nob. Very thoughtful of you Rhodes and I cannot thank you enough. I trust that the scotch I bought you has gone some way towards a thank you!?

Jonno - Thanks for your very kind comments and I just hope that they have been noted by the usual suspects, in particular Football Man, Spidermanor and Lato.

Originally Posted By: Jonno

Jonno - Thanks for your very kind comments and I just hope that they have been noted by the usual suspects, in particular Football Man, Spidermanor and Lato.

I noticed them and knew you wouldn't be able to resist mentioning it. I can read you like a book rhodes and therefore rest my case!

I repeat what about the £60 I'm owed from the inspired Boateng bet. Incidentally were your ears burning last night as Jeff Barnes came to the game.

I repeat what about the £60 I'm owed from the inspired Boateng bet.

I repeat, that bet cannot be settled before 6 January (the twelfth day of Christmas).

Incidentally were your ears burning last night as Jeff Barnes came to the game.

No, my ears never burn clip Rods. Especially when I'm enjoying the FA's hospitality at Griffin Park!