Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results Saturday 22 Sept

Originally Posted By: Football Man
Yes, but not a very good one! I was in my local Sainsbury's at about 5:15pm getting my shopping (and cat food) and got home about 6pm.

So you have a cat, that's interesting!

Have just got in having listened to some live music after a frustrating (and quite honestly, confusing afternoon at Harefield) to read some interesting posts so a few points to be made. Firstly the result that caught my eye was Winslow's big away win at Bedford Town Reserves. Well done to Winslow, but having seen them at Hertford a couple of weeks ago, the fact that they are able to inflict such defeats suggests there is a very worrying dearth of quality in Div. 1. Secondly, and I have been meaning to ask this for a few days now but the posts on this thread have brought this to a head. Mr Rhodes, what has happened to your avatar? The KTFC crest is no longer there and today you definitely appear to be giving the opinions of one who is a Haringey supporter rather than a Kentish Town official. Are we to assume that you are no longer involved with Kentish Town Football Club? Thirdly, I would challenge PTG's observation about the quality of Harefield Utd. (and I think HTFCEW has been very polite in her overview of the game against Hertford). As I saw it Harefield were certainly not as strong as the team they fielded last season and the game with Hertford was between (today at least) two rather mediocre teams whom most present would probably agree, could do an awful lot better. To be quite honest I really have not seen a team in the Premier Division yet this season that I would tip for the championship.

Septimus - This is probably the best of your 26 posts to date and you make some positive and valid points for a change rather than concentrating your efforts on being critical of me in the previous 25. I think you under estimate Winslow United as they are more than capable of beating any team in Division 1 as some of their results this season demonstrate, they matched 'us' (Haringey Borough) the other week and were unlucky to go down 5-3 in the end. I have made it clear previously that I am a Haringey Borough supporter as I only live a stones throw from the hallowed Coles Park turf however I am still very much with Kentish Town who are a far more ambitious Club and actually want success and to progress unlike Haringey, more importantly they don't have a dictator, who makes Robert Mugabe seem like a great bloke, for a Chairman.

So where has your KTFC avatar gone?

p.s. You've even managed to bring your vitriol against Aki on to this innocent thread! Please leave this thread to comments about games on 22 September.

Horace - Okay then here's Haringey's version of events yesterday which will differ greatly to Kentish Town's match report who deserved to run out comfortable winners:

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=games&s=details&ID=12682&conf=&div=

I simply decided to take it down that's all, is that a crime. Incidentally whilst you're on why did you deny that Hendon paid 50k on a feasibility study to see whether football at the Copthall Stadium was viable a few years back, you must have been pretty desperate to ply your trade there if you committed that much money.

A report from the New Bradwell St Peter v Stony Stratford Town game yesterday:

A lively local derby ended all square with both sides pushing for the win in what was a very open game of football.

Bradwell thought they had taken the lead from the games first corner. Greg Tite crossed in for Brendan Quill to head home only for the referee to rule the effort out for a push. The referee was very harsh on Quill and proved, quite frankly, out of his depth throughout the afternoon. He booked Dave Holloway for a supposed late tackle on Ed Wheatley, although he barely touched the Bradwell playmaker.

Stony were next to be denied when Darren d**es was played through on goal. He tried to round Tom Kennard but the young keeper dived in bravely to dispossess the Stony forward. Not long afterwards, Kennard also handled well from a long distance Holloway effort. A short while later Beefy Williams headed wide from a d**es cross.

The opening goal came from a mistake. Barry Belhouse was adjudged to have been held in the box and again the referee gave a decision that no one expected, a penalty. To be fair to Belhouse, he didn't even appeal and appeared bemused at the award. The initial penalty was saved by Kennard, his second of the season, but Mark Kalek slammed home the rebound to put the visitors one up. Again, we were harshly dealt with as the referee allowed some encroachment into the box but appeared to chastise the Bradwell defenders for asking the question.

Bradwell had the better of the remainder of the half but were unable to equalise. Coulter had a couple of efforts go wide and Greg Tite forced Matt Clinch into a desperate last ditch tackle to deny him a certain goal. Mooney shot wide from distance and Kevin Hyde headed wide from a Darren Long cross.

Stony made a couple of changes at the start of the second half with Mark Redsull replacing Dave Holloway. d**es moved out to the right hand side.

Stony went two up after poor communication in the home sides six yard box. The ball was headed on to our own bar and was forced home at the far post. Two mistakes, two nil down.

A short while later Greg Tite appeared to be pulled back when clean through on goal. This was to happen a second time, later on, the referee leniently booked a Stony defender for it when he was arguably lucky to have stayed on the pitch.

Bradwell got themselves back into the game when they scored directly from a Rob Mooney free kick, taken well inside his own half. Kevin Hyde, who had been a nuisance all afternoon, challenged the keeper. Both players missed the ball and it ended up in the Stony net. Just the bit of luck that Bradwell needed.

Ed Wheatley had a shot saved from distance and Lea Coulter came in to his own when he ran at the visiting defence. He used the space well and caused problems for Stony when Bradwell broke from defence.

Bradwell equalised through Kevin Hyde with around ten minutes to go. He controlled superbly from a centre, pulling the ball down, he jinked one way and another before shooting. The ball took a deflection and ended up in the bottom left hand corner. A deserved goal after Bradwell took the game to Stony having gone two down early in the second period.

Lea Coulter went on another of his mazy runs. He appeared to be pulled back at the edge of the box but the referee missed the challenge. Greg Tite was also checked when put through on goal but the Bradwell free kick came to nothing. Stony appeared to run out of ideas late on, particularly when Nobby Kalek was replaced.

Bradwell finished the game stronger but overall a draw was a fair result in a game that was ruined by the referee's ego. Silly bookings for both sides and plenty of weird decisions. A pity that, when we should be applauding both sets of players for a tough, but sporting game, we are left talking about the officials.

Originally Posted By: Football Man
Who "told" you to do that, then?

Football Man - Aren't you normally between games at this time on a Sunday. Nobody told me to take the avatar down, why should they.

Brimsdown can do no wrong at the moment, I take back what I said about them struggling this season following Gordon Boateng's departure. Has Daniel Young been playing regularly.

You are well entitled to your opinion Rhodes but fortunately we are happy to be proving people wrong (at present).

Youngie has played only a couple of games he did have a long term hamstring injury but is starting to get his fitness back and has played well in our last 3 Capital League games.

I can't believe you are only playing him in the Capital League, even only half fit his name should be the first on the First Team team sheet every week.

Well he started the season but unfortunatley for him we didn't start our winning streak until Jason Coughlin, Reece Prestidge and Michael Pelly started playing in the middle. So how or why do you change a winning combination? But he is a good player and i'm sure he will be back in the side sooner rather than later. Particularly as Reece has a 3 match ban coming up for his red card against Tring.

Gordon certainly knew exactly what he was doing when he got Peter Wade to approach us for Daniel when we were the only danger to you for the Championship last season, Gordon knew that if he ripped the heart out of our midfield by Daniel agreeing to join you it would disrupt us and it worked like a dream for him.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Gordon certainly knew exactly what he was doing when he got Peter Wade to approach us for Daniel when we were the only danger to you for the Championship last season, Gordon knew that if he ripped the heart out of our midfield by Daniel agreeing to join you it would disrupt us and it worked like a dream for him.

So it wasn't losing Claremont Road, or Lee Scott then?