Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results Saturday 22 Sept

Originally Posted By: Septimus
Have just got in having listened to some live music after a frustrating (and quite honestly, confusing afternoon at Harefield) to read some interesting posts so a few points to be made. Firstly the result that caught my eye was Winslow's big away win at Bedford Town Reserves. Well done to Winslow, but having seen them at Hertford a couple of weeks ago, the fact that they are able to inflict such defeats suggests there is a very worrying dearth of quality in Div. 1. Secondly, and I have been meaning to ask this for a few days now but the posts on this thread have brought this to a head. Mr Rhodes, what has happened to your avatar? The KTFC crest is no longer there and today you definitely appear to be giving the opinions of one who is a Haringey supporter rather than a Kentish Town official. Are we to assume that you are no longer involved with Kentish Town Football Club? Thirdly, I would challenge PTG's observation about the quality of Harefield Utd. (and I think HTFCEW has been very polite in her overview of the game against Hertford). As I saw it Harefield were certainly not as strong as the team they fielded last season and the game with Hertford was between (today at least) two rather mediocre teams whom most present would probably agree, could do an awful lot better. To be quite honest I really have not seen a team in the Premier Division yet this season that I would tip for the championship.

My opinion is based on the Harefield United -vs- London Colney match on 1 September. On the day, Harefield United played the best football I've seen this season although it was against weak opposition.

Originally Posted By: Mrgallis
Interesting theory especially is Youngie joined us injured and didn't play any of the games last season due to that injury!

I don't recall Daniel being injured when he joined you last season however admitedly he is injury prone and has a dodgy hamstring which can go at the drop of a hat

I bet rhodes and horace were creaming themselves yesterday, rhodes facing his beloved Haringey Boro, and horace facing Harefield. Shame that harefield beat Hertford, what is wrong with Hertford, why arent they higher up the table?

As for harefield, anyone but that lot to win the league, then again they prob will forget to apply for promotion so you can rule them out right now.

haringey drew with kentish town, have kentish town played a 'home match yet rhodes, have you got your goal nets from the ARSEnal of was that bollox for the newspapers?

I see that Kingsbury won AET yesterday beating Hatfield in the Vase, I thought that HTFCEW said they were not allowed to take part in eithr the FA Vase of Cup, or are they allowed to now they have reverted back to their name of Kingsbury LT rather then London Tigers as they proposed?

Oh well, must leave as the SSML is really not the place to be these days seeing we are flying high 3rd in the Ryman league.

Enfield Town away on Tuesday followed by an FA Cup trip to Eastbourne Boro to play in front of at least 600 on saturday smile

I would go on but I dont want to make you feel more jealous then you are now smile LOL

Gavin, I thought these people on here were ya mates. Why are you being so nasty??

Have you played any of the 'big boys' yet?? (Sudbury, Dartford, Bury or Maldon) Think not lol

I dont think the guys or gals on here would be jealous - they all love their clubs and follow them through the ups and the downs.

You were ready to walk a few weeks ago when things were bad. Thats loyalty for you (not)

Originally Posted By: Gavin

I see that Kingsbury won AET yesterday beating Hatfield in the Vase, I thought that HTFCEW said they were not allowed to take part in eithr the FA Vase of Cup, or are they allowed to now they have reverted back to their name of Kingsbury LT rather then London Tigers as they proposed?

There are playing Romford next round

Well, considering the luck you didn't bring us at Barkingside maybe that's no bad thing! wink

Originally Posted By: Gavin
have kentish town played a 'home match yet rhodes, have you got your goal nets from the ARSEnal of was that bollox for the newspapers?

Yes we drew 3-3 with New Bradwell St Peter last week and our Reserves have played a couple of games there. We got our goalposts and dugouts from Arsenal following painstaking negotiations with our illustrious neighbours, they were very impressed by the innovative Community work we carry out and we will be working hand in hand with them in future on various projects

Very much so, we're planning to have a Christmas dinner and dance and I can see us raising at least a grand by either raffling or auctioning a shirt and ball which is what should have happened at Haringey Borough, 'Sugar' should be absolutely ashamed of himself.

If you want something doing then do it yourself, that's very much my philosophy

Originally Posted By: Football Man
What attendances have you had for home games so far?

Pretty reasonable on the whole thanks, we had 41 for the game with New Bradwell St Peter last week and are expecting at least 100 for the Challenge Trophy tie with Langford on Wednesday week

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: Football Man
What attendances have you had for home games so far?

Pretty reasonable on the whole thanks, we had 41 for the game with New Bradwell St Peter last week and are expecting at least 100 for the Challenge Trophy tie with Langford on Wednesday week

And your reserve attendances?