Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hoddesdon v Bedford Town Ressies

Paulb - I see where you are coming from but you are barking up the wrong tree as I wasn't demoted at the Club. The previous Secretary wanted to come back onboard after taking a year out as I think he was getting some grief from 'her indoors', as he is far more qualified and organised than me I simply stepped aside, it's as simple as that.

You have definitely called into question the impartiality of one assistant referee in the last week, and named him. You have done this before.

This is not the same as Aki complaining to the league about your defammatory comments on here. This is defamation of the league's own officials.

And what about this?

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
It wasn't us who nearly ruined the hallowed Claremont Road turf on 30 December last year, it was a certain Mr David Clement from Watford

if it wasn't for Mr Clement we might have been allowed to stay there until the end of the campaign.

HTFCew - Well yes I did make those comments but don't have anything against Mr Clement personally as he's a great guy, he probably just didn't realise the consequences of allowing the game to go ahead that day that's all and as a result it sadly cost us our groundshare agreement as well as promotion to the Premier Division

Originally Posted By: Jonno
so we did see Mr P raising his flag on more than one occasion

Surprise, surprise

Rhodes, you need quote the entire sentence, not just the part of it that suits!!!

For the sake of fairness I would like to re print the ENITRE sentence.....

Originally Posted By: Jonno
I think both sides struggled with the offside trap in the first half with all the strikers being guilty of not holding their runs, so we did see Mr P raising his flag on more than one occasion but each time, he was spot on.

HTFCew - Well yes I did make those comments but don't have anything against Mr Clement personally as he's a great guy, he probably just didn't realise the consequences of allowing the game to go ahead that day that's all and as a result it sadly cost us our groundshare agreement as well as promotion to the Premier Division

As has been covered on here before, Mr. Clement's only main error on the day in question was to allow the Kentish Town players to convince him to start the second half.

You have obviously been huddled in a corner of the Chalk Lane Clubhouse again listening to tittle tattle. What would have happened if we refused to come out for the second half, it was obvious the game shouldn't have started in the first place let alone the second half and when Mr Clement took the players off the field on 55 minutes we thought common sense had finally prevailed with advertising hoardings and roof slates flying in all directions. I think both Captains should have approached Mr Clement to say they didn't want to continue however Cockfosters were all for continuing knowing they held all the aces

Are you trying to tell us that your PLAYERS wanted to stop the game to preserve the pitch for Hendon?

Horace - That certainly crossed their minds, some of our players aren't Einstein but even they could see the writing on the wall and the situation that was developing

What would have happened if we refused to come out for the second half, it was obvious the game shouldn't have started in the first place let alone the second half and when Mr Clement took the players off the field on 55 minutes we thought common sense had finally prevailed with advertising hoardings and roof slates flying in all directions. I think both Captains should have approached Mr Clement to say they didn't want to continue however Cockfosters were all for continuing knowing they held all the aces

Were your management staff throwing another of their legendary tantrums

Originally Posted By: Manorborn100

Seriously though there could have quite easily been a death at the game, this was my main criticism of Mr Clement but I wasn't criticising him personally and that will be my defence if I do get tapped on the shoulder or my collar felt by the football authorities as Horace has suggested I might

Originally Posted By: Manorborn100

Seriously though there could have quite easily been a death at the game, this was my main criticism of Mr Clement but I wasn't criticising him personally and that will be my defence if I do get tapped on the shoulder or my collar felt by the football authorities as Horace has suggested I might

And when it comes to light that the Kentish Town players insisted the second half started and you did nothing to change their minds, what will your defence be then?

I don't think they did insist it started, not from recollection anyway, why would they as they knew the conditions suited Cockfosters down to the ground with their kick and rush style of play

I've got to say that if Kentish Town players wanted to play the second half in bad conditions in a match they were not winning (not sure what the half time score was but didn't Cockfosters win 2-0) then that is to their credit in my opinion.

AWK - Thanks for that. Were you at the Luton v Northampton game last night, it seemed like a convincing win.