Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

four years ago

Uncle Urchin

The day England won the Rugby World Cup, we drew 0-0 with you guys in the torrential rain at the Stadium.

No idea how we didn't win that day.

Originally Posted By: YELLOW
The day England won the Rugby World Cup, we drew 0-0 with you guys in the torrential rain at the Stadium.

No idea how we didn't win that day.

don't think so yellow...the day we beat darlington was the day england won the rugby world cup surely

anyone recall the dates please...

Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
the team 4 years ago were better but not by much and i would say our budget is alot less than it was then.

I would say the team 4 years ago was 'different' not better insomuch as we had a bigger squad with one or two special occasion players....both jude sterling and the other black striker (can't recall his name) went onto play league football and of course vinnie could score a goal from anywhere and nowhere...french international patric ada was also hovering around on the books and played against tranmere if I recall...we also had tremendous width with keelo and graham marauding wide down the flanks....

and you're right the budget then was somewhat errrr......more flexible... grin

You played Darlington when I was out in Barcelona which was surely two weeks before the final so may have been the quarter finals.

feck me uncle urchin that senile dementia is really starting to kick in isnt it,getting confused about dates and stuff,i remember the canvey game well 0,0 and keeling played a blinder as usual,peeing down with rain the whole match,i remember that jeff king was in a foul mood as he had just begun the atkins diet,funny how football matches stick in the mind when they are near to historic events i remember seeing canvey beat heybridge 7,0 on the day of the 7 to 11 terrorist events in new york.oh happy days!!