Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kentish Town v Sport London e Benfica 10/11/07

Various positions. We are looking for a strengthened squad and a reserves side for next season now we will have a home of our own. My personal preference is The Capital League for the ressies as it is good quality, midweek and perfect for our development programme. We'll see.

Didn't Gordon Boateng Manage Boreham Wood Reserves in the Capital League, is that where your preference stems from as I would have thought the SSML Reserve League Division 1 would be a lot more suitable.

Gordon Boateng ran the Capital League winning side at Bishop's Stortford. Asa Pamplin then won it for us at Hornchurch.

It is midweek and that is why I really like it. A Midweek reserves league gives the manager time to assess players returning from injury, trial new faces (sign players on the night), keep an eye on developing players and allowing him many more options for first team match day. This he cannot do properly for ressies matches played on a Saturday.

The Capital League is just better all round for the purpose.

Brimsdown Rovers are already there, Horace. I must admit it surprised me that they were allowed in at the time but they may be preparing the way for an expansion of the League. I think you'll find that a number of clubs will be leaving the Essex Herts & Bordering Counties Combination next year when they cease to provide assistant referees for their games and a number of them may look to join the Capital League instead. The ones that want to play their reserve football on a Saturday may hang around for a year and join the ESL Div 2 or might join the SSML Reserve Divisions next year.

At Hornchurch I paved the way by renewing the clubs membership of the CL after the previous manager had left it, the first step 5 club in that league (a third placed finish immediately followed up by winning the league proved the point). It opened the door to others. I have already had prelim discussions about a possible BTFC entry for next season.

• 2 weeks later...

Wader - Presumably that was Tony Choules and Carl Taylor who jumped ship as soon as Hornchurch's severe problems hit the news stands and relegation from the Conference South became inevitable. Do you blame them for turning their backs on you in your hour of need.