Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

london apsa6 basildon 0

lesbos

Originally Posted By: The Landlord
Funny old game is football
double their seasons tally today from 4 scored to 10 - previsouly managed more than 1 goal in a game against bengals

I watched the whole affair and APSA could have 3 had in the first and BAsildon could have had a few aswell. The 2nd half was going to go to the first one to score and APSA managed to make it creep over the line. All went pear shaped from there on..........

Basildon have some good players and must persist in keeping them going, keeping players motivated is the hard part and requires a dedicated resource.

rumour has it that haringey ex manager along with another known forum coach is on the look out for the APSA job..........

watch this space............

great maths!!!

Originally Posted By: richard193
yes hookey i was there and you could have drove a london bus through their defence,yes theres a limited budget and i recognise that the club is run by individuals like beeswax who puts in a lot of unpaid hours behind the scenes and i take my hat off to people like that but my god we were shocking today.im sorry but be honest beeswax are you looking forward to upcoming matches againgst the likes of concord,for feck sake appoint a new manager,the vatican doesnt take this long appointing a new pope.

Richard 193 easy tiger no point venting your anger at beeswax,as you have clearly stated he works very hard behind the scenes at basildon utd and he does it all for nothing,so there is no point taking all your frustration and anger out on him,the 2 people that need to make a decision regarding appointing a permanant manager who can try and turn the clubs fortunes around lie solely with dave cusack and john moran,no one else only those 2 people.

As I keep saying, I do [****!!****] all at Basildon United apart from editing the programme and taking the dosh on the gate. I didn't see dick193 as having a personal pop at me but if you interpret that as such, that is your judgement.

Dick 193 was there today, knows that there was only one recognised defender in the squad due to injuries and other stuff but if he wants to brush over that, it's his perogative.

As you quite rightly imply, two people have the destiny of the club in their hands. However they are not mugs, know football inside out and also have a vested interest in the club. They have a vision for the future of their club but also realise that the current side is on a hiding to nothing.

If a Basildon United supporter wants to add to this, then please do, but if it is just a family bias dictating a point of view, put brain into gear first etc, etc.

I have every confidence in the caretaker manager who is on nothing but a [****!!****] hiding to nothing. I defy any of you armchair pundits out there to inherit four players with first team experience, and probably ten first team appearances between them all, and produce a world beating team in three weeks. Not even the great El Coachio can acheive that.

So if Basildon United finish bottom of the league this season, ce'st va vie. It won't be for the want of trying of the people behind the club but at least the team won't be turning out for the money 'cos there isn't any. Seventeen years of planning blight have seen to that.

For the record, I have an intimate knowledge of the going on behind the scenes of football at championship level and give me the Essex Senior League every day of the week.

I thank you grin

no its not family bias, as i say no one escapes blame from todays game. ability is one thing but lack of passion is something else,the manager needed to tell the players a few home truths today,the same thing happened against sawbo as soon as they conceded their heads dropped,theres no leaders on or off the pitch im afraid.

Originally Posted By: Beeswax
As I keep saying, I do [****!!****] all at Basildon United apart from editing the programme and taking the dosh on the gate. I didn't see dick193 as having a personal pop at me but if you interpret that as such, that is your judgement.

Dick 193 was there today, knows that there was only one recognised defender in the squad due to injuries and other stuff but if he wants to brush over that, it's his perogative.

As you quite rightly imply, two people have the destiny of the club in their hands. However they are not mugs, know football inside out and also have a vested interest in the club. They have a vision for the future of their club but also realise that the current side is on a hiding to nothing.

If a Basildon United supporter wants to add to this, then please do, but if it is just a family bias dictating a point of view, put brain into gear first etc, etc.

I have every confidence in the caretaker manager who is on nothing but a [****!!****] hiding to nothing. I defy any of you armchair pundits out there to inherit four players with first team experience, and probably ten first team appearances between them all, and produce a world beating team in three weeks. Not even the great El Coachio can acheive that.

So if Basildon United finish bottom of the league this season, ce'st va vie. It won't be for the want of trying of the people behind the club but at least the team won't be turning out for the money 'cos there isn't any. Seventeen years of planning blight have seen to that.

For the record, I have an intimate knowledge of the going on behind the scenes of football at championship level and give me the Essex Senior League every day of the week.

I thank you grin

oiii!Could you leave Coachie alone you sad git grinEven when i'm not around you mention my name.Obsession can kill people,give it a rest! giveup doah

no its not family bias, as i say no one escapes blame from todays game. ability is one thing but lack of passion is something else,the manager needed to tell the players a few home truths today,the same thing happened against sawbo as soon as they conceded their heads dropped,theres no leaders on or off the pitch im afraid.

So you are who I thought you were. Beleive me, more than a few home truths were said in the dressing room after the match! grin

Originally Posted By: coach et 64

oiii!Could you leave Coachie alone you sad git grinEven when i'm not around you mention my name.Obsession can kill people,give it a rest! giveup doah

I thought that you lived on the oxygen of publicity. However your wish is granted, you miserable old barst. grin

When West Ham lost 6-0 at Reading on New Years Day this year, it was the lowest of the low and I could see no way of turning it round, but we/they did.

Once BUFC formally announce their new manager, I've no doubt they will see an upturn in fortune and results.

Sorry but most of the players involved yesterday are not up to the standard required to play in this league,they lack the basic skills,ie able to control the ball,able to pass to a player on the same side,agression,commitment.

They are no better skilled than your average Sunday morning side and until Basildon recruit a better standard of player and start to field the same side for more than one week im afraid results wont improve.Even with a new manager with the playing resources at the moment he will find it hard to improve.

i cant make out how they could put up such a decent display against halstead and then put in such awful performances recently,whys dave walker never given a run in the first team? from the limited number of matches i've seen the reserves are more than a match for the first team. we all know about the injuries and the constant changes week in week out but they never look like a 'team' just a collection of individuals all doing their own thing.Yesterday just angered me because evertime the club seems to take a step forward they take two back.

I'm led to believe there are a number of ESL/Ryman Div 1 grade players ready to sign for Bas Utd but are waiting to see if Jason Emery is given the job on a permanent basis before committing themselves.

I believe Beeswax when he says the club are taking the long view. It's not like Bas Utd can get relegated or that they will suffer financially from a lowly league position. Furthermore, any real quality players won't stick around for long, e.g. Craig Gilham, unless they really are playing for the love of it or they really like the manager.

BTW, I don't think for one minute Craig moved on for money, I believe it was more a case of him being unhappy at the club, for whatever reason is not for me to say!!

Originally Posted By: Beeswax

So you are who I thought you were. Beleive me, more than a few home truths were said in the dressing room after the match! grin

This is true, I could hear it through the wall. The Basildon manager handled himself with so much class yesterday, the club should be very proud of him behaving the way he did with everything else going on.

I'm led to believe there are a number of ESL/Ryman Div 1 grade players ready to sign for Bas Utd but are waiting to see if Jason Emery is given the job on a permanent basis before committing themselves.

Mate managers always say that when they are under pressure or are trying to prove that they are good enough to do the job,in the end as cusack stated in the local paper,its all about results.