Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

'' excuse me driver but...

Uncle Urchin

are you sure you want to go across tower bridge and around the south circular''

I asked the coach driver three times to be met with a stoney glare and silent dismissal.....so 2 and a half hours later we trundled through the gates of kingsmeadow at 2.15pm and clambered off the ancient 'charabang' to the smell of burning rubber and into the teaming masses outside of the stadium.....great atmosphere building up and I liked the stalls oustide of the ground which all added to the occasion...

very warm and friendly welcome from everyone I met inside the ground...bit disappointed that the forum addicts didn't come and say how do to nette and I but not knowing them I could do little about that and perhaps they like to think of us as they imagine us to be not how we are but no matter...everyone we did meet was accomodating and most hospitable and all day not an aggressive murmer anywhere and given the large home support....most impressive...

as for the game...well I was disappointed in us again as we still lacked the bite in midfield and the ability to get those all important second balls but I was also a little disappointed in the wombles as well who flattered but deceived really although dale did make 2 excellent saves in the 2nd half...have to say tho' that had we been at full strength then the wombles could well have struggled today and if they have ambitions to win the championship they will have to get more of a cutting edge....likewise if we want a play off place then so will we although on balance I was pleased with most of our lot today who went out to spoil the womble parade and nick a point and nearly did if simon had not been pulled back in the last minute.... but not a ref in the world would have given that...

our fans very noisy in the bar and behind the south goal and around 200 all told...100 easties and a 100 tartan blankets in the stands...last time I get on a team coach and upon reflection no complaints from me about the result and an enjoyable day out for nette and myself....

great vocal support from the boys and a good effort from colin and the lads....well done all...

oh yes......also must add that the stewards and the police were excellent today...low key and very friendly and I liked the little cameo of the stewards using their radios to locate balls booted out of the ground...

An easy journey around the M25, then nose to tail a mile from the ground.

A nice ground, good pitch and an interesting game. A wonder goal from the dons in the first half and that was about it. I agree with unc that a full first team of urchins, may have given us a different result. In the current climate, I would have been happy with a point.

The eastside sang their hearts out and kept the 2300 dons crowd pretty quiet.

I won't comment on the team today, but Dale had a blinder and Oli showed his class.

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
very warm and friendly welcome from everyone I met inside the ground...bit disappointed that the forum addicts didn't come and say how do to nette and I but not knowing them I could do little about that

You did say you were coming around our end to say hello. You also said you don't do hospitality!

There were a few genuine fans who said they would come and shake your hand to put the face (and hair LOL) to the name.

I was smoking my Churchill all game long as a sign for you.

I think I spotted you in the away officials area but I am a man of the terraces and don't do "Main Stand" as it were but you can't smoke in that area.

Good day all around and glad to hear all Urchins had a good time at the CRRFS.

have to say tho' that had we been at full strength then the wombles could well have struggled today and if they have ambitions to win the championship they will have to get more of a cutting edge....

Tell us something we don't know! Although I think we have no chance of the championship this year.

Sorry not to see you - I did look in the bars when I arrived about 1.50 and also after the game. Pleased that you enjoyed the visit anyway.

Originally Posted By: Brazilian Don
very warm and friendly welcome from everyone I met inside the ground...bit disappointed that the forum addicts didn't come and say how do to nette and I but not knowing them I could do little about that

You did say you were coming around our end to say hello. You also said you don't do hospitality!

There were a few genuine fans who said they would come and shake your hand to put the face (and hair LOL) to the name.

I was smoking my Churchill all game long as a sign for you.

I think I spotted you in the away officials area but I am a man of the terraces and don't do "Main Stand" as it were but you can't smoke in that area.

Good day all around and glad to hear all Urchins had a good time at the CRRFS.

I jinked 'tween a seat in the away box and the burger end when I smoked and yes I do guiltily admit to nipping into the hosp at half time cos it was easier for a pee....I was in the main bar before the game tho...

I did ask the copper by the away directors box if I could walk around to the home goal end in the first half and he said no...not a good idea...

no matter we'll meet up again I am sure...in the meantime well done today you deserved the points and thank you for a good day out for nette and I...

Agree with everything Dotty said, for me our best 2 players were Dale and Purdie, we never looked like scoring today. Jesus made a slight difference, in my opinion Krissy Lee and Harry are no good together, both lazy and neither player is willing to drop in behind the other. We're crying out for an attacking midfielder, there is so much space between the midfield and forwards.

Been a bad spell of late for sure. Again...never saw today, but we have many injuries! The ryman prem is no walk in the park. Why would colin read this?

His job is to manage the team as he sees fit! The cup exploits are now unfortunately out of the way. Losing away to the dons is no disgrace.

Even the "mighty dons" didn't manage to go up in the first year, and with a higher budget (surely)

Still a long way to go.

From what I hear our away support did us proud! Well done all!

Originally Posted By: Little Lee
in my opinion Krissy Lee and Harry are no good together, both lazy and neither player is willing to drop in behind the other.

you are entitled to your opinion LL but I must say that I think your comments are a little unfair....neither kris nor harry are lazy at all...kris is playing for us at the moment with shin splints and a badly bruised instep and harry is young and currently finding his way in a league two levels above what he has been used to all his career and in my opinion will turn out to be one of the best strikers in NL football....

as I say we are all entitled to opinions but to accuse players of being lazy is not really where we are at as a football club....in my opinion we should only put on here comments about players that we would say to them personally after a match in conversation...

eight of our players will have treatment tomorrow to try and get a couple of them fit for tuesday...

well z unc

u can't say that chris or harry or any other player's playing 4 us lazy as their put 110% in2 each games even with injury's still put the effert in

I dont think kris and Harry are remotely lazy, in fact just the opposite. They worked for the full 90 (45 in Harry's case), however......what I would say is this: Nothing but long balls smacked up to the two of them is going to eventually make anyones shoulders drop and I think that happened to Harry yesterday. He has shown, as has Kris, that when they get quality deliveries, they are both excellent finishers.

For me, what's needed is someone in centre mid who can deliver quality balls out wide and two wingers (too much pressure on Janners) who can put in good balls for them.

The dons can do better, we can and must do much better. I fear that Chelmo may well be out of reach for just about all at the moment, but the play offs will still be a lottery as all teams will suffer losses. Staines got a result at Stockport and a couple of weeks ago we played them off the pitch before the lino got hurt and the ref lost his mind. We are still in this race so lets keep that spirit of yesterday, and continue to provide that encouragement the team needs and we love.

Harry and Kris are far from lazy and are always actively trying to get into useful positions to be fed the ball.

The only thing i would tend to agree is that they are not the best of partnerships as they are very similar players and Simon playing of either one is my preference.