Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Racist chanting

• 8 months later...

Does anyone think we are actually going to witness any racist chanting during Euro 2012 which gets under way today, I tend to agree with Eastside Urchin that it's all a storm in a tea cup.

I hear the black dutch players were abused by the locals yesterday.

If uefa wanted to show some balls the could act by threatening to pull the tournament at the last minute.The threat may mean the relevant countrys government would take appropriate action

So far UEFA seem to have been pretending it hasn't happened and is a valid protest about something else. Quite how making "monkey noises / sounds" is valid or relevant to something else seems to escape them.

as the ukrainians and poles that colaborated with the nazis were just as brutal

Eastside Urchin – I hope you’re not tarring John Demjanjuk with the same brush

as the ukrainians and poles that colaborated with the nazis were just as brutal

Eastside Urchin – I hope you’re not tarring John Demjanjuk with the same brush

Indeed, Demjanjuk was a mass murderer and some of the the Ukrainian and Polish supporters are disgusting mindless yobs. Why the authorities chose to play a major tournament in these two countries is beyond me.

So far UEFA seem to have been pretending it hasn't happened and is a valid protest about something else. Quite how making "monkey noises / sounds" is valid or relevant to something else seems to escape them.

They now admit it happened at Hollands training session, but say they won't act unless Holland make an 'official' complaint.

It beggars belief !!!

That's like saying that if you get stabbed, you have to walk into a police station to make a complaint official !

They now admit it happened at Hollands training session, but say they won't act unless Holland make an 'official' complaint.

It beggars belief !!!

That's like saying that if you get stabbed, you have to walk into a police station to make a complaint official !

Yes I saw an article on the Beeb site changing their stance. Whilst I agree with football being a sport that can cross boundaries and educate both on differences and what should become shared standards of behaviour to each other it won't be served by not addressing the issue.

I don't think anyone can think that this is just casual racism though when it is politically motivated and backed by fascism.

I see that Sol Campbell is under fire for his comments on racism during Euro 2012 particularly where he advised fans not to go unless they wanted to come back in a coffin, apparently the England fans who have travelled are having the time of their lives and have been welcomed with open arms in the Ukraine,

To be honest,while there is obviously a racist undertone in parts it is still the minority,the same as this country.

It seems to be more of a problem for certain countries than others with the usual suspects croatia,russia and poland involved but it appears to be confined to the odd match rather than away from the ground which i think many thought would happen.