Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sarfend

Originally Posted By: Matt CIFC
Originally Posted By: Canvey_Fan_2008
The reporter at the game was Southend Uniteds echo reporter, so its understandable that its fairly biased!

That doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

I wonder what odds I can get on Southend getting relegated this season? Because like one of their moronic fans said, we get excited over a 0-0 pre-season friendly - Well the only excitement they're gonna get this season, is the chance to win a relegation dog-fight!

I agree with Matt and think southend will be in a relegation fight this year they have lost some good players and bringing in players like furlong who are past it will not help them for a play off place this year

I think any talk of relegation for them is way off the mark. Remember it's still early days yet & Tilly is no fool !

Originally Posted By: YELLOW
Originally Posted By: ken
Great yarmouth played song two by blur after they scored a goal and they bashed us 7-1 in a pre season friendly. its a bad song normally but that day it was awfull

That was Folkestone, Ken.

Good result by the sounds of it. Looking forward to Chelmo on Friday.

oh yes, they are both seaside towns and i was very drunk.

the game was OK but it wasnt anything special, but then what pre season friendlies are, Southend looked really poor though, even the few Southend fans i know who were at the game said they cant see them staying up if they play like that. Leon Antoine looked good (although hopefully he will be on target in futre games) and i was really impressed with Tarkan Mustafa, he even seemed genuinely happy when he got the captians armband towards the end of the game. it was a shame that a few chav tw@t Southend fans showed up to rewin the evening. but then what do you expect.

Chelmsford will be a tough game, and i dont really see what we will gain from it.

Originally Posted By: syd_lexic
I think any talk of relegation for them is way off the mark. Remember it's still early days yet & Tilly is no fool !

I agree with that, the Southend side from last Friday is not one that will play in the league every week.

Originally Posted By: ronin

Chelmsford will be a tough game, and i dont really see what we will gain from it.

A decent attendance = money?

we would have got more fans and money if we had got a Premiership or Championship side. i also think that both teams will try and prove something and injuries are a possibility. plus the option of kinny screwing us agai n and trying to steal any player that does well

a premiership XI will bring in more fans than a game against chelmsford. and many teams at this level get them Hampton and richmond have only just been pramoted from our leauge and they have west ham, they are also playing a Chelsea XI and thurrock are playing a West Ham XI. brentwood have a game against Leyton Orient, Bury Town played Ipswich, dartford played Crystal Palace and Charlton, now im not saying the club didnt try im just saying that a game against a confrence south team that will drag in about 400 supporters (only a guess) that could be as passionate as against chelmsford seems to be a mistake. i would rather have seen if they come up in a cup game

Guest MOB Snr

I understand we tried to get West Ham but could not get it arranged on time although, I believe it will happen next year.

We had Spurs last season, the prem clubs like to share themselves about, it is not easy!!

I expect about 1000 will come to see Chelmo surely?

i cant see who will come to see it, a full canvey turn out will be say 400 (although i think quite a few will stay away as it is a Friday night) and Chelmsford will only bring a hundred or so. there isnt going to be as much interest as there was for Southend. i hope im wrong and it is mobbed (see what i done there) but i cant see it

Chelmsford don't travel that well compared to their home support. Can't see them bringing more than 100.

although i think quite a few will stay away as it is a Friday night. i hope im wrong and it is mobbed (see what i done there) but i cant see it

There will be a little mob (!!!!) of us coming over by train BECAUSE its a Friday night. What times the bar open ? May frequent the Jammer first, aint been there in yonks.

a premiership XI will bring in more fans than a game against chelmsford. and many teams at this level get them Hampton and richmond have only just been pramoted from our leauge and they have west ham, they are also playing a Chelsea XI and thurrock are playing a West Ham XI. brentwood have a game against Leyton Orient, Bury Town played Ipswich, dartford played Crystal Palace and Charlton, now im not saying the club didnt try im just saying that a game against a confrence south team that will drag in about 400 supporters (only a guess) that could be as passionate as against chelmsford seems to be a mistake. i would rather have seen if they come up in a cup game

All of those are local derbies other than Hampton & Richmond/West Ham. We've played our big local derby and yeah, we could've had West Ham or Orient, but your post there doesn't help your point.