Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Folkestone Tonight

Another huge game tonight, really looking forward to it (in a nervous, must win kinda way!!)

They're bottom of the league after Saturday, although their 1-1 draw at home against fellow playoff contenders Billericay shows that we're gonna need to be on our game. Just like the Hastings match on Saturday, you have to respect teams fighting to avoid relegation as much as those fighting for promotion.

I'm gonna go for a 1-0 win, with our goal coming from Alex Rhodes.

Come on You Yellows, see you on the fun bus :)

I think we were hanging on a bit when we went down to ten men, can't argue with the penalty or the sending off, but there is no doubt it changed the game as we were well in control and created a number of good chances. All credit to the lads who did extremely well with their backs against the wall. Ailele and Easterford really do look a good partnership at the back.

Well done lads, lets hope we can get three points on Saturday

Come on you yellows!!!!!

Andrew West was the player sent off...

As for the game, what a massive win that was! We were by far the better side in the first half and should have scored a couple before Jason nodded us in front. Healsey's goal just after half time should have seen the floodgates open, but instead West got himself sent off as the last man and they scored the penalty. We ended up defending for virtually all of the last 35 minutes, and there were many occasions when I was waiting for the Folkestone fans behind the goal to throw their arms up in the air in celebration, but somehow we kept the ball out.

As for the atmosphere, I wager there was more noise made last night between the two sets of fans than at a lot of 500+ crowds this season. The small but enthusiastic Folkestone fans and their drum proved worthy opponents for the Yellow Army who sang loud and proud all evening. I did like the looks of bewilderment at the 30-minute long rendition of the Ronnie Irani song, the Essex flag was flying high! All hand shakes and best wishes at the end which was great to see.

All in all this was a really important match that we did brilliantly to win under the circumstances. Let's hope we push on and get another 3 points on Saturday which would really solidify our playoff position. However, as we've seen against Aveley, Hastings, Croydon, and Folkestone, matches against teams fighting against relegation are not easy, and I don't expect this one to be either!

"OI, BIG MAN, WHAT IS YOUR NAME?!"

I thought we dominated for the first 50 mins or so. On another night the game would have been over at half time had we got abit more luck in front of goal. Westys sending off changed the game and we had to work hard for the last 35 mins to to keep Folkestone out, in the end the team done supberbly and almost pinched a third in the 90th min.It was never going to be an easy game on a bumpy pitch and windy conditions, plus i thought Folkestone upped there game knowing a win was vital for there fight against the drop. I believe Westy will now miss the Carshalton away game over Easter. Excellent support by the 50 or so who traveled to the game, the non stop singing for the last 30mins of the game has killed my voice this morning!

COYY

All in all this was a really important match that we did brilliantly to win under the circumstances. Let's hope we push on and get another 3 points on Saturday which would really solidify our playoff position. However, as we've seen against Aveley, Hastings, Croydon, and Folkestone, matches against teams fighting against relegation are not easy, and I don't expect this one to be either!

Maidstone haven't won a home game all season

Maidstone haven't won a home game all season

To be fair Maidstone have brought in a few decent players before the deadline and have picked up some good results of late. It will be a tough game without doubt.

A priceless three points last night.

We had to really battle for that after dominating the first 50 minutes or so and have no idea how the ball stayed out of our net in a couple of goalmouth scrambles in the last 30 minutes.

Thought Alaile and Easterford were outstanding again and their partnership at the back is really starting to blossom.

Rhodesy had a good game and thought was a good attacking outlet when we were under the cosh in the second half. Was influential in the first goal.

Jase had a decent match. Looked lively and a good pass for Healesey's strike. Gamo again was superb.

Some excellent support from the Yellow Army and had some good banter with the Folkestone support who were a decent bunch.

That's a tricky place to get a result and although the Folkestone defence looked very shaky, they gave us plenty of problems in attack.

Maidstone won't be a straightforward game but if we show the same attitude from last night, I'm sure we'll come away with 3 points.