Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 13-December 17 )

• Photo
    hairbear

• Photo
    Ramschav

• Photo
    Hitby

Strikers

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
13 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
What combination of strikers do you think Andy F will go for in the FA cup game . And when was the last time a Striker scored for us? Now Evans is back will he get a chance it must be his turn soon as all the other strikers have had their chance.

offline jc

jc
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • Supports: Ebbsfleet United
Well, with Oli cup-tied and hence unavailable, it's a tough choice. He'll surely pick Haworth - the goals have dried up recently for him, but given the small stature of the other three forwards available (i.e. Abbey, Pinnock and Evans), he seems a certain choice. As for his partner up front, that's anyone's guess - it's too close to call.

offline Gordon T

Gordon T
  • First XI - Sub
Could Pinnock be out? not due to his suspension but due to the seriousness of his actions if they were seen to be deliberate by Andy?

offline KShep

KShep
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
If its not Pinno, then I think we should let andy drury in , as i dont think louie evans is that good, and Ben Abbey.. enough said!

offline Hirsty

Hirsty
  • First XI - Permanent
Haworth looked like he was struggling Saturday, not sure if was an injury or he was just knackered !!Would be worth starting with him anyway......any one of four for the other place !!

offline Fleet fan

Fleet fan
I could do better then Abbey what a waste surely Haworth and Pinnock ?

offline Paulo GNFC

Paulo GNFC
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
I would play Drury up front with Howarth as he is more likely to score than any of our strikers.
Who's gonna take Rob Owens' place in midfield?
The new guy Protheroe maybe or Stroutsy?

offline Richard C

Richard C
  • Reserves Coach
Id let protheroe have a go his free kicks in warm up the other day were class!!!!

offline Hirsty

Hirsty
  • First XI - Permanent
Have a word with Andy then...you could be the saviour that we are looking for !?! 20 + goals a season.....go for it...good luck !

offline Mepis

Mepis
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Dunno about strikers the defence needs sorting as well, with two Managers who were defenders they need to sort that out, McClements is out of his depth most of the game the gaps on his right flank are very concerning, my team would be
Wilkinson
Shearer Duku Moore Lee
Perkins Pinnock McKimm Walshe
Drury Haworth
Shearer can play right back did so for Margate, with Owen & Skinner out that is the best team i can pick, not sure if Protheroe was cup tied or not, if not swap for Pinnock.
Subs O'Rielly Strouts Evans Abbey depending on the Protheroe situation if he is cup tied then Ade Pennock on the bench.
Also Ron Hilyard talk to Wilko about his kicking we are giving the ball away with these long kicks, watch the other goalkeepers most build up from the back they cover each other well.

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
Protheroe isnt Cup Tied.

I just wonder if Andy might just spring a surprise somewhere - could he possibly include Ade Pennock as a sweeper, behind Moore and Shearer, or Moore and Duku? Even though he hasnt playedmuch this year, his experience could be invaluable??

offline Matt (GNFC)

Matt (GNFC)
Has anyone thought that Andys style of football doesn't benefit our strikers. Booth and Wilkins are the top 2 goalscorers in the Dr.Martens. I know its a lower level but they were never prolific for us even at that level.

offline jc

jc
  • Supports: Ebbsfleet United
Quote:
Alan W (GNFC) said:I just wonder if Andy might just spring a surprise somewhere - could he possibly include Ade Pennock as a sweeper, behind Moore and Shearer, or Moore and Duku? Even though he hasnt playedmuch this year, his experience could be invaluable??

Whether Andy will spring a surprise or not Alan, putting Pennock into the side is too risky. Sure, it could pay off, but we always moan about having to change our defence because of injuries all the time, so why change it tactically? Pennock is probably short of match fitness, and slotting him in could disturb the balance of our back line. It's important to remember that our problems in recent weeks have been to do with our goalscoring rather than our defence.

offline FleetFanatic

FleetFanatic
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Quite right - at least twice this season, a substitution has been made as a result of Pennock being knackered - nearly straight away, we conceded a goal!

Pennock can coach from the touchline thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus