Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Question for the CCL League

Smudge

I was a member before under Two other names but for one reason or another I couldn't access them anymore. I originally joined in about 2010/11 which I'm pretty sure you're aware of Smudge. Anyway that's irrelevant.

Keep up the good work.

Bad Guy/Nice Guy????

Same stuff every year and we will be having the same discussion this time next year. The issue is simply that the clubs at step four are not good enough and there are more finishing in the bottom two or three ( relegation spots ) and only one getting promoted from step five. Just messes everything up.

As Ellers said. If your good enough to go up then you would have finished in the top three Div1. In the prem if the same club finishes in the bottom 2/3 season after season is it right that they get a reprieve?? Also is it right that the same thing happens at step 4?? Blocking the way for two up??

Hope you understand what I'm trying to say!! If not, don't ask me to explain as I just about get it myself

We'd all love two up from Step Five B&F but with 14 Step Five Leagues and only six Step Four Leagues it just isn't possible to create 28 places.

Additionally all of those clubs have earned the right to be there either historically by being a bigger club or recently by going up as Champions (or occasionally, as runners up e.g. Guernsey). If anyone deserves a reprieve it is the sides higher up, but I do concede that there is a case for a guaranteed relegation for any club that finishes in any of the relegation positions for two seasons in a row and maybe that is an idea to take forward.

I would also point out that not every Step Five League is as progressive as ours. Both the Northern League and the Eastern Counties will not be promoting a club this season either due to a failure in getting the grading or because they just don't wish to take the step up. Hard to imagine down here where almost everyone looks to move up given the opportunity.

We'd all love two up from Step Five B&F but with 14 Step Five Leagues and only six Step Four Leagues it just isn't possible to create 28 places.

Additionally all of those clubs have earned the right to be there either historically by being a bigger club or recently by going up as Champions (or occasionally, as runners up e.g. Guernsey). If anyone deserves a reprieve it is the sides higher up, but I do concede that there is a case for a guaranteed relegation for any club that finishes in any of the relegation positions for two seasons in a row and maybe that is an idea to take forward.

I would also point out that not every Step Five League is as progressive as ours. Both the Northern League and the Eastern Counties will not be promoting a club this season either due to a failure in getting the grading or because they just don't wish to take the step up. Hard to imagine down here where almost everyone looks to move up given the opportunity.

Agree there should be relegation especially if they have finished in the bottom three two years running! (Like Dedhill FC)

All the Clubs higher who have gone skint kill the Pyramid stone dead,thats why teams lower down cannot progress.They reincarnate in other forms,then miraclously,climb again,2 more this year Salisbury,Hereford,means 2 teams will gain a reprieve,which just filters down.

Yes some teams chase the dream, but remember they are not all run by people with business knowledge.

If professional clubs can go bust chasing success, why can't the occasional non-league one go too?

It's the fans I feel sorry for but in many cases it's when the fans get hold of a football club that problems can arise as they don't always have the acumen required.

Like I've always said  -  It all comes down to money.

I'm afraid the days of truly 'amateur football' are long gone.

I was a member before under Two other names but for one reason or another I couldn't access them anymore. I originally joined in about 2010/11 which I'm pretty sure you're aware of Smudge. Anyway that's irrelevant.

Keep up the good work.

Bad Guy/Nice Guy????

Ha ha - afraid not YV

Smudge believe me I would not want to go up in fifth place from a league of just 16 teams, if it was a league of 22 teams then that's a different matter.

Div one this season is the worst standard I've seen in a long time at this level and I do not believe that there is a current team in Division one who would do well in the prem, I think they would all struggle with the current squads.

Now a few years back there were 5/6 teams in Div one who would be able to compete in the prem, but that was when the league was bigger and more competitive IMHO.

Totally agree.

Keep up the good work.

Bad Guy/Nice Guy????

Dave,as a matter of interest what were those 2 other names?

Remember him well, he was a quiet,refined poster.A little bit like your good self.

How succint, Smudger !!

:ph34r: