Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ET v Tonbridge Angels

waggamick1

Any thoughts on Enfield Town's prospects?

Good promo.

My local side (Gungahlin United) went down 1-0 to Sydney Olympic on Tuesday night in the FFA Cup last 32.

It's the Aussie version of the FA Cup and started with 549 sides..the A League sides come in in the Round of 32.

This is Gunghalin's ( a relatively new area..15 years old..of Canberra and is Aboriginal for 'small hill') first year in the Australian Capital Territory(Canberra) First Division.

Sydney Olympic are currently 4th in the NSW Premier League..basically a Sydney based competition which would be Tier 2 in Australia.

They scored off a nice shot in the 81st minute before a crowd of 1602 on a bitterly cold night..minus 2 degrees not counting the wind chill factor.

All up a pretty good game to watch with both sides having a number of good opportunities to score but a combination of good goalkeeping and frostbite saw the scoreboard stuck on 0-0 for a long time.

Game was well reffed by a female referee..something that is a long way off in the local Rugby League, Rugby Union and AFL(Aussie Rules).

Off to see my 4th placed CBR BRAVE (CBR=Canberra) Ice Hockey team...I managed(not coached) their predecessors the Canberra Knights in 2013....  in a local double header this Saturday and Sunday against The Perth Thunder(current leaders of the Australian Ice Hockey League)..with 6 games to go in the comp we look like making the Semi-Finals for the first time in 20 years.

Any score predictions for the Tonbridge Angel's game?

I see that on Bet365 (Australia) ET are $1.66 ($A) to win, $3.75 (Draw), TA ($4 WIN).

To win the Rymans League Premier Division

Staines Town                  $5

Hendon                            $6

Dulwich                            $8

Kingstonian                     $11

Billericay                         $13

Met Police                       $17

Grays Athletic                 $17

Enfield Town                 $17

Leatherhead                   $21

Hampton & Richmond    $21

East Thurrock                 $26

Burgess Hill Town           $26 

Needham Market            $26

Brentwood Town             $26

Leiston                             $26

Harrow Borough              $34

Wingate & Finchley          $34

Merstham                         $34

Tonbridge Angels             $34

Bognor Regis Town          $41

Canvey Island                   $41

Lewes                                $41 

Farnborough                     $51

VCD Athletic                      $51

Damn..my Ice Hockey team were rolled 4-3 tonight...looking for a Town win to make up for it!

There were quite a few Tonbridge fans, with about 30 behind the goal.  They didn't make any noise until they went 1-0 up.  I was surprised to see McDonald as well, last I heard he'd gone back.  I only made it to one pre-season game so I don't know if he played in any of the others.

I follow 3 teams...Gungahlin United FC...lost 1-0 Tuesday....CBR Brave Ice Hockey...lost 4-3 yesterday...and Enfield Town...lost 1-0 last night...so close  yet so far!

Bit of a let down yesterday..Town missing 4 players who would probably started if fit and available..Playing five at the back didn't really work.Looked very much like some of the players were not that used to playing with each other or in the positions they were in.There were some positives.Young Cathline looks exactly what we need up front to compliment the likes of Corey and Bobby.Good to see Nathan back in goal as well.Also feel that Hayden-Smith could also add another option that we currently lack in mid-field.Would like to see him get at least 45 minutes to show what he can do in one of the next few games.

Have every confidence that Brad will pull the team together during the first third of the season and we will eventually go on one of our good runs at some point.But i can see us once again playing catch up by the time the team starts 'clicking' and having to pull back a good few points to make the play-offs again..Would be nice for once,to see us hit the ground running at the start of the season,rather than be poor to start and get out act together as the season progresses.

Thanks LS for the summary.

If memory serves me well(and it often doesn't of late) Town seem to rack up a disproportionate number of Draws in a season...I'll do a little research.

How many players in the current team are local products?

Archived