Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 23-August 17 )

• Photo
    Barney

• Photo
    mickadeem

• Photo
    CockneyBertie

Photo

Enfield Town 1 - 0 Canvey Island

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
31 replies to this topic

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
Not a bad performance tonight but didn't create alot of chances and Town probably just about edged the game. Compared to Saturday though this was a great deal better but with the likes of Ware and Wingate getting unexpected results tonight we really need to get going again as our place in the play offs could be under threat.

Richard Halle looked OK. Did nothing special but looks a decent acquisition and nearly scored with a free kick.

Not many Canvey fans made the trip tonight, 40 at most I would think but well done to those who went. Was quite a good laugh tonight despite the result.

offline Arkwright

Arkwright
  • First XI - Permanent
I just wanted to say thanks to the Canvey fans who came to us last night, a really friendly bunch & a real credit to your club.

offline Forest Gump

Forest Gump
  • Reserves
  • Supports: Waltham Forest
  • Twitter
Pitty they weren't like that when we went there!

offline Duke of York

Duke of York
  • Reserves Coach
It was a great Town performance in the second half and what a great goal from Owusu Afriyie! It was a bit of a nailbighting finish for Town - I thought you might get the draw with free kick late on.

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
First half was a midfiled battle and it needed a fine strike to break the deadlook. In the second Canvey had to press forward and that created more chances for us. Agree with Yellow, Town just about deserved to win this one. Really enjoyed the banter with your fans. All friendly and good humoured.

offline Eastside Urchin

Eastside Urchin
  • President Elect
  • rank
  • Supports: AFC Hornchurch
  • Foes: Romford
forest gump,it must be waltham forest as you are the biggest bunch of whingeing gits i have come across in this league.I will be glad to get out of this league because of the tossers like waltham forest.

offline cangull

cangull
  • First XI - Sub
Man what is with you.
I nice little gets on the run and the usaual suspect crops up with another controversial message and on our forum.
No wonder I dont post on here that often now.
Seems to me thatr there arn't too many that you do like UM.

offline KATEG

KATEG
  • Onlooker
forestgump you sad person

offline A Non E Mouse

A Non E Mouse
  • First XI - Sub
Back to the things that matter - Enfield T against Canvey.....

Felt Canvey just edged the first half although we made no real impact in front of goal. Certainly the opening 10-15 minutes saw a lot of traffic going towards the Enfield Town goal.

Good goal to break the deadlock but I can only remember one decent effort for either side in the first half.

I felt new signing Richard Halle played well in his first game - very vocal, got stuck in and IMHO injected a bit of life into a few of the players around him - especially after last Saturdays result.

The Second half started with Canvey showing great determination to get the goal back and attacking strongly. Crowe and Bourne linking up extremely well and causing their defence a number of problems. Once Canvey started to press, and the first substitutions started, it gave Enfield Town more time to attack and they started to pass the ball around a lot better and began to cause us more problems than we were causing them. Enfield Town finished the stronger in a tight fought game and could have got another goal during the counter attacks. Canvey, however, did defend well all evening.

Shame the crowd was a bit low - I'm sure it would have been far greater had it been held on the Saturday rather than a very blustery freezing evening which must have put quite a few people off from venturing out. Probably going to be on my own here but I also felt the referee had a fair game. I've seen other officials this season who would have completely lost the plot in a game that at times did get a bit near to boiling point.

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
I think you summed it up pretty well there.

offline Eastside Urchin

Eastside Urchin
  • President Elect
  • rank
  • Supports: AFC Hornchurch
  • Foes: Romford
cangull fair enough,but i wasn't having a pop about you(canvey) i was having a pop about forest gump and their waltham forest cronies who were possibly the most miserable bunch of gits we have had the pleasure of meeting over the last few years,i treat everyone with the respect they treat us.

offline KATEG

KATEG
  • Onlooker
Got to say that the performance was better that Saturday, couldn't have been any worse, why wasn't Dobbo and Clydie playing last night.

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
Dobbo injured, Clydie?

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
  • Supports: Canvey Island
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football
What was the line-up last night, it hasn't been put on the site yet.

offline CIFC JACKO

CIFC JACKO
  • Reserves
I have been told that clyde was in the squad but didnt turn up for the game for an unknown reason.

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
Originally Posted By: Arkwright
I just wanted to say thanks to the Canvey fans who came to us last night, a really friendly bunch & a real credit to your club.

Thanks. There was some good banter last night. Unfortunately we were rather lacking in numbers and in terms of singers but we gave it a go and made a bit of noise.

Was a bit difficult in the second half when there was a few of us behind the open ended goal. Was bloody freezing and any noise we were making was going straight into the air.

You lot were bloody noisy in the second half. Have a feeling we might visit you again in the play offs.

offline sudburyroyal

sudburyroyal
  • Reserves
I have a bad feeling that Canvey and ourselves are not going to make the play offs. Hope im wrong.....it was a good crack with you lot at our ground...

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
Hopefully we'll both be there but still alot of twists and turns still to come.

offline A Non E Mouse

A Non E Mouse
  • First XI - Sub
If memory serves me right....

Wiseman

Stuart, Kreyling, Crowe, West
Bourne, Hall, Edgar, Gordon
Curran, Luck

Subs

Gordon off injured - Lee Jay on
Bourne or Luck off - Rugg on

offline A Non E Mouse

A Non E Mouse
  • First XI - Sub
Originally Posted By: sudburyroyal
I have a bad feeling that Canvey and ourselves are not going to make the play offs. Hope im wrong.....it was a good crack with you lot at our ground...

I hope your wrong an all - well about Canvey at least wink

Anyway - we are away to Bury on Saturday so should be an easy three points grin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus