Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

McClaren gone! Who do SSMFL teams want next?

Thanks Wader, that was the point which brought about my comment! Apparently Arm Wrestling and Baton Twirling ARE accepted as Sports.

Have you still got the whippet?

Great playing kids games in the car travelling ooop north. 3 points for seeing a bloke with a cloth cap, (double that is he's got whippets or pigeon doo on his shoulder), 20 points for a working mens club without graffiti on it and 100 points for seeing Brendan Foster grin

Originally Posted By: Wader
100 points for seeing Brendan Foster

I was once on a plane from Newcastle to London that got delayed because Brendan Foster was on it and he had been at St James' Park watching a Newcastle game that had a large amount of stoppage time. We waited at the gate till he arrived and he was very apologetic to all the passengers. Garry Rhodes was on the same flight and he was not happy at all.

How many points do I get for that? biglaugh

500 points for Brendan Foster on an aeroplane (double if his whippet was with him), triple points if there were snakes as well.

I once got on a plane at Nice with David Niven. I cracked a joke about the Moon being a Balloon, but it didn't go down well. 'Nil point'

Sharing a urinal with Alex Ferguson at Newmarket Races should have earned some hefty points....but I didn't look! However, I did set light accidentally to Alan Hansen's wifes fur coat at Old Wembley and admitted same a few years later on the Danny Baker radio show.

Originally Posted By: Wader
Have you still got the whippet?

Great playing kids games in the car travelling ooop north. 3 points for seeing a bloke with a cloth cap, (double that is he's got whippets or pigeon doo on his shoulder), 20 points for a working mens club without graffiti on it and 100 points for seeing Brendan Foster grin
Well that's a great way to keep 1 self amused yes I have to agree Newcastle is full of workingmens club's with graffiti on them.
Wouldn't like to guess what the Northerners play when they get South of Watford on the train & roads?

Originally Posted By: Football Man
Are these press stories rash-like in their appearance?

FM, I'm disappointed you think I would stoop so low as to use an expression more commonly associated with Rhodes!! Next, you'll be accusing me of contradicting myself and witholding Reserve team attendance figures!!!!