Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

thermals and moonboots...

Uncle Urchin

were a good choice and a two hour drive in the rain was probably best left but onwards I drove following the sat nav until I found myself in a deserted builders yard surrounded by concrete bollards.....thank goodness for the old star in the sky....the floodlights... grin

good home turnout and believe you me the weather was bad and a bright start from the new urchins line up which looked pretty impressive to me....0-0 half time but only one winner in the second and a valuable three points to kick start our 7 day holiday in kent...margate next up followed by ramsgate and a good clean sheet win under our belts to start us off bodes well...

many thanx to maidstone for the friendly welcome...nice to talk to old friends again and well done to all who travelled and also to colin and the boyzewoyzeez....looking good..... applause

I never got to see you Unc, I was asleep on my settee at 7.15pm and I only got there 2 mins into the game, wished I had stayed on the settee.

Maidstone perspective:

We never looked looked like scoring, and our long ball game was meat & drink to your big fellas at the back. It was worrying to see our best player McNish limping and bandaged before a ball was kicked but we have no one else to fill in.

The other players who had to fill in for injuries were just not of the quality required at this level, but I can't criticise their commitment and we did give everything for the full 90mins.

I guess from your perspective it was a thoroughly professional performance without having to get out of 2nd gear. We certainly don't like playing Essex teams.

Support was disappointing, probably reflecting our chances of a result and the scousers on telly. Bourne Park is one of the most souless places to play football and it even depresses the home support.

Agree with the Mentalist about the lack of songs and atmosphere, but it will be completely different when we come and play you, even if the result might not be. We can take nearly 400 away to Margate, but can't be bothered to get off our [****!!****] to go to Sittingbourne

Originally Posted By: Mackster
Maidstone perspective:
It was worrying to see our best player McNish limping and bandaged before a ball was kicked but we have no one else to fill in.

Crikey, if that's the fella who limped off on Saturday, he could barely walk!!!

The very same. He's been carrying that knee injury for a few weeks now but is currently the least injured of our central defenders. Our other CB last night has also been out for a few weeks and usually plays in midfield. Chris Smalling from the youth/reserves who usually fills in was invoved in a KCFA youth game last night which unfortunately takes priority over club games for under 18s.

Not making any excuses, but if we don't get some of our first choice players back fairly soon, I fear we will be involved in a relegation dogfight for the rest of the season.

lets hope you bring some chaps over to our place as its money in the bank.

I suppose a wet and windy november night in sittingbourne was just not appealing to many fans of both clubs.

If that game was on a saturday you could probably add on 100 from hornchurch and no doubt the same and maybe more from maidstone

Originally Posted By: Mackster

Agree with the Mentalist about the lack of songs and atmosphere, but it will be completely different when we come and play you, even if the result might not be. We can take nearly 400 away to Margate, but can't be bothered to get off our [****!!****] to go to Sittingbourne

it can be like that at times mackster and to be honest our lot were quiet last night and well scattered...wasn't a nice night tho' to be fair to the ones that didn't get there from both sides....took me over 2 hours from chelmsford...

anyway take spirit from the planned new ground which will come one day...I know you have the site and I guess that people are working in the background to make it happen..

I was pleased with us last night as we have looked very fragile in midfield for a few weeks but colin has done well to bring in new blood and ring the changes...its a tough old league....

we'll have a beer when you come to us... yay