Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Billericay 2-0 Ramsgate

Any points we get while we've got 7 (seven) players out injured will be a bonus, but this was an excellent win whatever the circumstances.

Missing: McMahon, Game, Blewitt, Hodges, Flack, Kerrigan, Abbott

First 'ricay starts for the 2 lefties, Neil Marron and Jordan Collins, though you'd be hard pressed to spot that as they linked up well. BWG played right wing and was excellent, 2 crosses for the goals, further crosses for 2 Burbs chances that their keeper saved. Worry that he pulled up with what looked like a groin strain late on. Between BWG and Burbs for MOTM in my opinion, thought Burbs was excellent, 2 in 2 now. Keep it up!

Ref was pony, allowed Ramsgate to get away with diving (10), feigning injury (keeper) and general thuggery (5).

Buckfield

Semanshia Heffer McSweeney J. Collins

Woods-Garness Hunter Dormer Marron

Burbs Boot

Subs

Bradshaw for Marron

Abbott for Boot

Lay for BWG

SNU: A. Collins, Worster

Looking at that, it was a very young team - 4 teenagers, 3 in the back 5! Well done all.

An excellent result for us. Home form is the key to moving up the table and it was good to keep a clean sheet too.

I thought we won this game fairly comfortably despite the various injuries and the lads must see that we have nothing to fear from the vast majority of teams in our league.

Onwards and upwards

Come on you blues!!

I thought this was the best we have played for a while - VERY enthusiastic and hard working and don't forget we thoroughly outplayed a team in 3rd place (not that they lived up to that). Tony Boot linked the play superbly and Wayne is really growing into that right back position, made a couple of really sharp tackles.

Bradley has some magic tricks and a great crosser of the ball even if he does infuriate occasionally. The 2 new left sided players Neil and Jordon were both excellent certainly some power in that left boot of Mr Collins.

The only negative for me was another poor performance by Leon Hunter, its time he had to start competing for his position instead of being an automatic starter imo.

I was very pleased today, I thought our lads played with pride, determination and confidence. Another fine performance from Niel Marron, and a solid debut from new loanee Jordon Collins.

Dormer led by example, Burbridge for a second game in a row was superb and BWG was different class.

In-fact, it was a good all-round performance from the whole team.

Well done lads.

a very good game ,played without fear ,good passing to feet ,superb crosses from BWG, Burbs played superbly, is there any chance of keeping jordon collins, ,very comfortable on the ball ,good strike from his feet.a very good player. Neil Marron what a revelation,a good prospect.seemed to tire in 2nd half . must concur with above Leon must up his game ,to stay in the team.Jack still looks good apart from his kicking more up then forward....but hey ..CRISIS WHAT CRISIS .....ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

A welcome win and a performance to suggest that happier times maybe ahead. They had no answer to BWG and at the back Heffer and Macca were IMMENSE. Collins and Marron gave performances that belied their age and the fact that before yesterdays game, they'd probably never even passed a ball to each other! Both goals were clinically dispatched.

Top banter with the keeper, possibly the only visiting No.1 that has ever done the 'YMCA' at New Lodge!

Marron & Collins the two new lads played a great first home game and worked well together.

Super Brad was as mentioned above "IMMENSE" Defo my MOTM.

Burbs has turned over a new leaf it would seem (wonder what caused that)

Ramsgate keeper was the dogs and should now go on to win X Factor for both the YMCA gig and the dodgey injury claim in the first half.

Abbott came on and got in the way as usual still we can't have everything. < (Just my opinion)

Well done the Blues

I shall start by saying congrats to Jason and Grant for their first win. Always a pychological barrier and 4 points from 6 aint a bad start.

Anyway, my opinion was that the team looked more balanced. We had options down both flanks and defensively as has been mentioned to have such a young backline (well Heffs does bring the average age up to 17 now) wink was the most pleasing aspect. I agree that Burbs has been a different player last 2 games and BWG took the right flank position very well, (albeit i would say please cross it a little earlier rather than beating the man 3 times first) - But his crossing created Boots goal and was a constant thorn all afternoon.

The new guys have settled in and Neil looks to be a real player in the making. Pleased for Jack to have kept a clean sheet cos the wind must have been tricky out there.

All in all a great performance and one that those lads are more than capable of showing consistently.

Cheers Lads !

Yes, the Ramsgate keeper was a good 'un too for joining in!

Blimey we'll have "In The Navy" next grin Talking of which we should let Aarron do that one when he is next on shore leave laugh

Plenty of quotes in the Echo tonight, two managers= twice as much opinion wink

Jason: "What impressed me most of all today was the energy level of the players. We've got a good spirit here, and we're all determined to add to the FA Cup run the club had this season by moving up the league"

Grant: "The boys gave us everything on Wednesday and you could see by the end today that their legs were going a bit, but we've got the midweek off now to make sure we're prepared for the Hendon trip"

Darren Blewitt hopefully back next weekend.

I bet Dick is hoping Jason get's the job permanently so he can trot out the "New Broom" headlines... laugh