Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

St Albans City 1 - 7 Enfield Town (Capital League)

Originally Posted By: AFF
Are Enfield Town in the Capital League then?

What League do the proper Enfield play in?

Does anyone know the Mighty Saints line-up?

The biggest and best supported team in Enfield, ‘Enfield Town FC’ who were set up by the supporters of the original Enfield FC play in the Ryman League Division One North. We’re struggling in the play-off zone at the moment but we’re expecting a stab at promotion through the play-offs. The supporters are hoping for third time lucky as we’ve lost out in the play-offs over the last two seasons. We may meet the Saints in the Ryman Premier League next season! The original Enfield FC folded at the start of this season so Brimsdown Rovers have become the second biggest team in Enfield followed by Cockfosters. Another new club, Enfield 1893 FC were formed at the start of this season. They play their Essex Senior League ‘home’ games in Hertfordshire where they are the tenants of Ware FC’s at Wodson Park.

Here's the link for the last night's match report - I love the headline!

Capital Punishment!

So the one at Ware is the one with the history then DofY. The FA Trophy successes, not to mention the giant-killing exploits down the years. I seem to rememeber erading somewhere that they are the most successful Non League side in the FA Cup proper. We can but dream of a proud tradition like theirs, eh?

Good luck to 'em, I say.

How are your lot doing at Brimsdown, DofY?

Hi JKiF.

Your memory isn't failing you. Steve Castle is one of the network of scouts employed by the Under 19 team. I expect he's jockeying for position if The Special One, or the Not-So-Special One or any of the other 297 European coaches turn down that fat bloke from the FA and Mclaren's post has to be offered to a Brit. Stave Castle probably gets into the top 1000 English coaches and as as most of the rest have turned the job down, it could be him.

I would take it. I could take the cut in salary to £4 million a year for the honour of serving the country if the call comes.

He will have been less than pleased that Pseudo Enfield took the points last night. I expect he's under constant scrutiny by the blazers.

Originally Posted By: AFF
How are your lot doing at Brimsdown, DofY?

To answer your question AFF take a quick look here:

http://www.etfc.co.uk/index.php?page=formed

Don't forget it's just over a year since the St Albans City chairman said on the UKBuisinessInvest website "We need a bigger stadium to get bigger crowds to get a bigger squad. If the council won't get behind us then I may have to take up an offer of land in Hatfield"

I wonder how many of the 300 or so regular St Albans City supporters would stick with your club if he did take up the offer of relocating to club to the site in Hatfield?!

Supporter's Direct anyone?

Well we still play at Fortress Clarence Park for the moment, DofY, so the posssibility of a move to Hatfield or even west of the City Centre down towards Wales remains on the verry distant horizon.

That pre-supposes that the Chairman wasn't mis-quoted, of course.

I'm pleased to see that Brimsdown are doing fairly well. It's a bit like kids in the park playing football. "We'll be Manchester United and you lot can be City." I expect that your people called themselves Enfield Town to grab a bit of the glory of a famous old club, eh?

;O)

Well I like it when there are 1,500 in the ground Laz, so the sooner we move to a 25,000 seat stadium the better!!. The idea of a relocation gets my vote on that basis.

Mind you, it would probably mean closing parts of the stadium like they do when the big 'uns aren't likely to be full. We could all sit in the Press & Communications Centre, probably.

;o(