Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Merry Xmas to our friends in the SSML

Just thought I would pop on to say Happy Holidays, and all the best to all the clubs and supporters in the SSML smile

It's been a tough old start to life in Ryman 1 North, so the holiday season will give us a nice rest wink

To see just how hard its been click here..

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/league.jsp?comp=12

Gavin - Lol, congratulations, it shows that last season was no fluke

Thanks again Rhodes, I could not help myself, had to get a current league table in somewhere LOL

No prizes are handed out in December, but with little budget, little support and the threat of ground closure the club have punched above their weight and taken on and beaten the so called big boys of the division.

There is no pressure on the club to achieve anything so we will see where we are in April, and if its top five and a playoff place it would be amazing and truly awesome, anything better and we will be in dreamland.

I think its good that a club can come up from a step 5 division and take on the big guns on step 4 with as I said little to no hope of even being in the top ten before a ball was kicked.

It also reflects well on the SSML that its champion team has done so well to date in a higher league.

It shows what can be done with a team who's players want to play for the club and who have an excellent management team, rather then an open chequebook that CAN'T buy you team spirit!

Gavin - You make some excellent points and thanks for saying that your success this season reflects well on the SSML following your exploits in our Premier Division last season and sweeping the board, I'm sure this hasn't gone un-noticed around the bazaars including Soho Square. I think you also ruffled a lot of feathers along the way last season but did so in a dignified way and you didn't allow Harefield United's dirty tricks to rattle you.

Happy Xmas to you Gav. Keep that cool head going on mate and dont let the buggers wind you up. Good to see Rhodes getty a holiday dig in there. Never one to disappoint eh Rhodes wink

Originally Posted By: Krooner
Good to see Rhodes getty a holiday dig in there. Never one to disappoint eh Rhodes wink

Krooner - Merry Christmas to you and your family.
It wasn't a dig, it's common knowledge that Harefield United, and in particular Browndog, were playing dirty tricks with Edgware Town last season and messing with Gavin's mind trying to push him over the edge, their actions were dispicable.

This:

"It wasn't a dig, it's common knowledge that Harefield United, and in particular Browndog, were playing dirty tricks with Edgware Town last season and messing with Gavin's mind trying to push him over the edge, their actions were dispicable."

Horace - I was confused because I haven't only just mentioned it now, there was a lot of handbagging going on with Browndog on here towards the end of last season when he was clearly trying to wind Gavin up and playing with his mind knowing full well that Gavin was close to cracking and going over the edge at that time. I strongly believe that was Browndog's sole aim and he wasn't interested in football at all which explains why we haven't heard of him since.

Horace - It's not 25 December yet, Gordon might still rejoin Brimsdown Rovers at the eleventh hour

Originally Posted By: Wader
Oh! Insider dealing. Hello! police! help! I've been mugged!
Is this true Cecil? Did you have inside knowledge of what was to happen? Or have you been staring at the tea leaves again all mystic like.
ghost

Horace grabbed my arm out of its socket at the time as did Wader, I'll confirm the other four later on

No Rhodes - I offered a bet about where Brimsdown would finish - you said that they were rubbish and I said I was certain they would finish top 5. You wouldn't take that bet, but came up with your own, which i was foolish enough to take on. You couldn't believe your own luck when Gordon left Brimsdown so early. I now concede that you won, but as it was an internet bet, I'm paying in internet money!