Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Merry Xmas to our friends in the SSML

AWK - I gave your Reserve Team Coach a Christmas card and some programmes to give to you on Saturday, you'll probably get them next time you go down to the ground. Merry Christmas.

Cheers Rhodes, I'll be there Boxing Day as we have a home game. Bit of a pain to be honest as we had a home game Saturday and obviously I've been busy over the last couple of days, and I wont be doing anything on the programme tomorrow, so I've got to try and get one done tonight somehow!!!

Yes there's nothing worse is there, I actually made a start today on our programme for next Saturday's game with Royston Town and I have to say they have been very helpful in already e-mailing their squad and history to me, it helps when the opposition is co-operative and understanding

The new lot at Royston have improved things then Rhodes as they sent me nothing at all (despite being told I was going to receive something from them) when we played them in the Challenge Trophy. To be honest most Division 2 teams let me down with even their team sheets, with only one or two giving so much as a history as well.

Yes that's very much the impression I got about Royston when dealing with their new Secretary as I e-mailed him on Friday saying that I would appreciate the programme material early this week. If I haven't received anything by lunchtime on a Wednesday I normally start badgering my opposite number by e-mail followed by a phone call or text on Thursday morning, that usually does the trick and I don't think I've ever been let down although Eric Turner at Ampthill always dictates his line up and history over the phone which is a bit of a pain as I have to type up the history.

Division 1 teams are normally quite good, Buckingham Athletic certainly were earlier in the season, should be interesting to see what Holmer Green send me, being a Prem team.

I see that our reserves won 1-0 Rhodes, where you there and if so what was the game like? With no first team game for you did you put out a stronger team than usual? I must admit that Im surprised we pulled off the win as our reserves have been somewhat struggling so far.

AWK - Yes congratulations on the win on Saturday, I was hoping you wouldn't ask about it. It was by no means the thriller from earlier in the season when we won 3-2, we surprisingly only had one first team player in the line up and I think you just about shaded the victory, albeit with a disputed penalty, with some backs to the wall defending lead by your Coach who must be in his early to mid forties.

Unfortunately it would seem some of the younger members of the reserves are not always reliable so the old guard have to keep putting on their boots, mind you maybe I should get my boots on!!! Ah, if only I wasn't so bad grin

I shall ask what the impression was of your ground on Wednesday Rhodes, the reserve manager should be there.

Football Man - You've hardly been on here much lately anyway, I thought you had gone away for Christmas to Amsterdam or Hamburg

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: Wader
Oh! Insider dealing. Hello! police! help! I've been mugged!
Is this true Cecil? Did you have inside knowledge of what was to happen? Or have you been staring at the tea leaves again all mystic like.
ghost

Horace grabbed my arm out of its socket at the time as did Wader, I'll confirm the other four later on

Rhodes... have you forgotten about this?

NeutralFan - No I hadn't forgotten but I was just waiting to see whether the other three members would step forward without being prompted in order to ask me to PM my address so they can forward the £10 owed. We already know that Horace, Wader and your good self placed unsuccessful 'investments' back in late July when Gordon Boateng made the surprise announcement leaving Brimsdown high and dry just over two weeks before the 2007/2008 campaign was due to get under way

clip Rods - aren't you being a touch presumptious? The wager, as I understand it, was that Gordon Boateng would not be at Brimsdown at Christmas. Now, if I recall correctly, the twelfth day of Christmas in January 6 which is still over a week away!

In any case, won't you need to settle up with your creditors before negotiating with your debtors?

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
Pretty sure I didn't make that bet as I was suspicious that you had inside knowledge!

I didn't have inside knowledge, that's the honest truth