Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

WHO WILL WIN THE PREM

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Horace - I take it from your post that you don't agree, it's unusual for you to sit on the fence and not offer any comment, do you know who Biggleswade Town's silent backers are then. Anyway I'm sure a man of Wader's stature owns a Blackberry so he will no doubt log on over his bovril during the interval at Blunts Wall Road to rebut my claims if he feels strongly enough.

I am sitting on no-one's fence. Bigg Town have for a long time not been the most popular members of the league, regardless of Wader's involvement. They are formidable opponents this season nevertheless, and I have great respect for their achievements so far.

I may be wrong but I think Wader is slowly starting to alienate all of us against Biggleswade Town with their 'big ideas' and 'big money' and I therefore assume I am speaking for everyone on the Forum (other than Wader of course) in saying that I hope anyone other than Biggleswade win the league and gain promotion to Step 4, this even includes Brimsdown Rovers

Blimey, you have been hitting the cooking sherry big time Cec! I have never sung our praises on here, indeed more often been honest to state clearly our weaknesses. I haven't once carped about being top of the table, beating other clubs or made a meal of slating officials or dodgy tactics from other teams when we have lost. I have answered questions when asked them and gone no further.

As for secret backers, there are none (for the umpteenth time). It is the Chairman and that is it. Period.

We have not gone mad this season with the cash, we have an experienced Board and Manager and have spent most wisely. If you can't accept all that as fact, then that is your problem and yours alone. We are doing our best this season to ensure that the last day relegation nightmare of last season doesn't revisit us (I think we've achieved that goal already) and we are building a new stadium with no borrowed money which the club has been waiting for, for 15 years.

Get over yourself Cec, your time will come.

Wader - Well that has put me in my place hasn't it, so why did the normally Conservative Horace say earlier that you have for for a long time not been the most popular members of the SSML then and there was also that nasty spat that you had with Gavin at the end of last season following your visit to the White Lion Ground. I'm sorry if I've touched a raw nerve with you again, I seem to make a habit of doing that and getting under your skin.

Well, I only joined the club last January so I really cannot speak about previous history or relationships. I came to this league knowing not a lot about it and little about its member clubs, so I have had no personal axe to grind with anyone. I had to hit the ground running so to speak, although my knowledge on the league is still (12 months on) clearly far behind yours or plenty of other notables on this forum.

Gavin and I didn't hit it off, we agreed on that at the time, but have moved on since.

Can I ask why you are being so mischievous with various members of this forum (including myself) as we move into 2008? You don't have to answer the question if you don't want to.

What made you go to Bigg T Wader? And why did you leave your last club (You don't have to answer the question if you don't want to).

I find it strange that officials who normally end up where they are because they support a club and do the job for little thanks and no money, will leave it for a similar job at another, unless they move a great distance away.

I believe Football Man has also moved clubs in the past, so the same question goes to him. Rhodes need not bother answering as we all know why he moved.

I left Ilford as there were individuals there that I felt I could no longer work with. I was happy to go along as a spectator but the Essex Senior League Chairman asked me to become Secretary of the Isthmian Lower Joint Liaison Committee and I also joined the management committee of the Essex & Herts Border Combination (as it was then known) so I didn't get much time to watch them as I would have liked and gradually drifted away from the club.

The Potters Bar Chairman asked me to join them as Secretary but, at the same time, the offer of being Vice Chairman of the ESL was on the table. When the ESL job fell through, I felt that I had sufficient knowledge and experience to give to club administration and also felt that Potters Bar was a more secure club to work with than Ilford had been - both on and off the pitch. I enjoyed five happy years at Potters Bar until a combination of factors culminated in my decision to retire from club administration at the end of last season. I left on good terms and, as Horace noted recently, I always get a welcome reception whenever I go back there.

Like Wader, I have also met a lot of good friends along the way that I wouldn't otherwise have got to know and still look forward to meeting faces old and new as I travel around from game to game.

Originally Posted By: Wader
Well, I only joined the club last January so I really cannot speak about previous history or relationships. I came to this league knowing not a lot about it and little about its member clubs, so I have had no personal axe to grind with anyone

So you are a bit of a 'mercenary' on the quiet then for want of a better word, I actually thought you supported Biggleswade Town but clearly that's not the case

Re-arange as you wish black calling kettle pot!!! Now this has to be one of his biggest wind up's, along with Kentish being like the 1974 dutch masters of course!!!!

Originally Posted By: Wader
Well, I only joined the club last January so I really cannot speak about previous history or relationships. I came to this league knowing not a lot about it and little about its member clubs, so I have had no personal axe to grind with anyone

So you are a bit of a 'mercenary' on the quiet then for want of a better word, I actually thought you supported Biggleswade Town but clearly that's not the case